Site up for sale

cisco

» CMF Member
Hi All,

Out of respect for all the wonderful, loyal members of this site, I am letting you all know that I have placed the site (micra.com.au) up for auction/sale.

If anyone is interested in "owning" or taking over CMF, i.e. fully taking ownership and taking it over 100% - you get absolutely everything!!! please let me know and express your interest. Everything is included, i.e. the great domain name "micra.com.au" but also all the content, forums and database etc.

I would of course prefer that a passionate micra person takes the site over and continues to inject the passion into it that all of you deserve. But of course, realistically that may not be possible. But I wanted to post it on here so that you at least have the option and heard it from me.

As you know over the years mostly between 1999 and 2005 I put a tremendous amount of time, energy, passion, money into the site. All of that I fully attribute to your loyal following and combined passion of the members of this site. But those days for me are well and truly over and the site now just costs me money. Deep down I feel that it deserves better and someone to take it over who has the time/passion to devote to it.

I am not a "sell out" so to speak, but more so I have done my bit and the time has well and truly come to "pass it on" and so hopefully someone else can enjoy it or turn it into something even better. It has a lot of potential. And I truly believe one of the friendliest communities currently on the www!!!

If you place some ads on it, it would probably generate $60-$120/month, but I just don't have the time to even fiddle around with it. It is still receiving a bucket load of traffic, pretty amazing for such a niche site.

The auction is listed here: https://flippa.com/128654-1-niche-car-site--Rare-1999-domain-3349-members-65000-hits-15000-uniques

The starting bid is $2800 fully inclusive of everything and of course you own the domain name. I believe with the sites history dating back to 1999, it is a very well ingrained domain name on the internet, it is worth at least that much.

Perhaps the UK micra site want to consider taking ownership and merge the sites to create a mammoth super site? Or perhaps a cooperative arrangement where a few of you team up to take it over as a group and you elect someone as the chosen programmer/editor etc.

Cheers, please no tears! :)

cisco.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Given the amount of time you've held onto it after selling up all your Micra gear, I have no doubt that everyone here is thankful that you've kept it going despite the cost to keep the site running.

It's tempting to purchase but I know I don't have time to dedicate to running the site (I haven't even been able to maintain k11wiki.com after it was infested by bots..).

Good luck with the sale. Hopefully it goes to someone who wants to keep the site as-is :)

---dens

CMF_Seb

» CMF Member
I'm so sad about reading this news mate. I've sent you a mail. Would it be possible to have an archive of the whole site/articles/guides/meetings?
All my respect,
Seb

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Very sad but you've done a noble job in keeping it up even though your out of Micras now.
I regrettably lack the programming skills and quite frainkly the time to even consider taking it on.

Will you be keeping us up to date with progress and when/if the site will cease to operate?

Mike

cisco

» CMF Member
Totally Mipcar. Will do.

And I am hopeful that the site can continue to operate. But let's see. Talking to nsm shortly and a couple of other serious parties have been notified of the sale. But will see how it plays out..

Some of you guys should team up and get an online micra store running on here and sell some parts or something :p

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
cisco WROTE:

"Totally Mipcar. Will do.

And I am hopeful that the site can continue to operate. But let's see. Talking to nsm shortly and a couple of other serious parties have been notified of the sale. But will see how it plays out..

Some of you guys should team up and get an online micra store running on here and sell some parts or something :p

That'd be ideal, especially if NSM wholly or partly owns the site. I reckon that'd be a grouse idea :)

---dens

cisco

» CMF Member
Just to advise the site has now been sold and I am no longer accepting offers.

While it was tempting to try to offload "micra.com.au" to Nissan Australia, you will be pleased to know that an existing site member has taken ownership and as a result, the future of the site is looking extremely bright.

We couldn't have reached a better outcome as I am confident that the new owner is the perfect person with plenty of passion for the CMF community, the site and micras in general.

I will leave it to the new owner to make themselves known! :)

cisco.

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
thanks for the site Cisco, its been a great place to visit and i think it still will be, you have done more for micras than anyone else in the micra community, not only giving it a fantastic website but one of the fastest CG13s in the whole world!

and its amazing how many times your photos from the Japanese meet turn up all over the web! really inspiring!

you have done your bit for micras and so much more and i am confident that everyone here is really grateful,

good luck in your next project

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks guys for everything, the deal has been done and the site has now officially changed hands!!! :p You should hear from your new leader pretty soon.

An exciting chapter for the site from here on..

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
Thanks Aaron for everything...

I guess that most of you have worked out that i have taken over the site...Micra.com has an extensive history as i am slowly finding out,with some great photos and some informative messages...I want the site to continue to be a great community for us Micra enthusiasts and also to hopefully grow to the Next Level with the help of everyone...I am looking forward to ideas and input from all of the members...Please dont be shy to share your idead with me and hopefully make this one of the best and friendly sites around...

Regards...

Nick...

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
nice one nick :)
i like the format personally (simple and fast loading) tho a small selection of smilies might help avoid members taking offence so often maybe ?
and 20 posts per page would improve the long threads imo

all the best dude :)

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
i 2nd the two ideas above, when your loading a thread with 50+ posts and pictures it can take a while and often some images wont load because theres so many, and also maybe multiple pics per post? i think one pic per post clutters a thread too much, just my 2c anyway,

coming from forums like skylinesaustralia and nissansilvia this one is really simple and easy to use which is a good thing, makes it very easy to browse and find what im looking for,

good luck

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
agree with the above statements, however I do believe the sites needs a minor overhaul in updating some of the backend and expanding the capabilities of this great community.

1) Organisation is what I'm thinking, user's build threads could be moved and categorised to a separate area (similar to SAU's garage feature). Bit more formalised classifieds section too.

2) Message handling could be updated a little bit to accept more dynamic content (such as emoticons/embed video/smarter picture handling)

3) Online store or at least parts cataloging (no doubt NSM has this in mind anyway)

4) Better spambot control (captcha?)

5) Moderators - more of them and people that are proactively looking at the threads, and with this a better user management system.

They are a few minor ideas, but like the previous posts, the best feature of this site is how light weight it is compared to other sites (like SAU etc.)

Long live micra.com.au!

CMF_MSDVS

» CMF Member
I think make it iPhone capable, so you can upload photos off iPhones as from
What I can see most people on this site have a iPhone it would make it easy for us iPhone uses

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
Thanks for all the ideas guys...will try and work out how drive the site and maybe implement some of the ideas...anybody good at programming???...

Nick...

Back