Driveshafts

Hey all once again iv encountered another prob and would like to no wether the driveshafts from the primera will fit mine or if welding wil be necessary..? thanx

I imagine they will be completly different!!! Car width is differnt, gear box location different, car power is different

All sings point to a no

CVs will differ as well.

engine conversions need custom shafts made tho

you will need to measure up / cut + weld micra/primera shafts and send them away to an engineering company to fabricate ... approx 400-500 iirc

or if you cut weld and then sleeve & weld them properly you can stick to that and not bother with getting new shafts made and save the money

thanx alot for all ur advice is been very helpful....so i guess theres no other alternatives other than to weld away lol..anyone eles with any other opinions or solutions to this problem plz let me no..

by the way the primera gears are really long...i wanted something which could shift alot quicker anyone know of a shorter gearbox i can use instead of the standard?

you could do what was said above, cut weld and re-sleeve. phone a few engineering firms , see what they say

or cut micra + primera ends, join to correct length , take to engineering firm and get made up from scratch

any1 have photos of custom driveshafts which hav been made....and any news on a shorter ratio gearbox which can fit the p10 1.6.. thanx

Back