Drive shaft oil seal

Hola, during rally on weekend I noticed that my car is leaking some oil from the seal where the shaft enters the gearbox ( gear box side/ n/s) I've been told these are difficult to get hold of? Going to pull the box out to lighten the flywheel soon so will sort same time

think you simply remove the drive shafts out of gearbox, lever out the old oil seal with screwdriver, smear some oil on sides of new seal, position n push em into the gearbox casing first by hand, position a large socket over the seal thats the same size and gradually tap with hammer till it sits flush to the casing

yeah its really simple ive done it twice now! just a thought though might be best to replace both! and i found them cheaper from nissan than the ebay ones!

Tried to fit seal. Old seal is 56mm diameter, new seal 58mm diameter. Doh. Won't compress that much. Nissan one maybe? Guy contacted me from eBay- said he sold a few and been no issues?

Tried to fit seal. Old seal is 56mm diameter, new seal 58mm diameter. Doh. Won't compress that much. Nissan one maybe? Guy contacted me from eBay- said he sold a few and been no issues?
my pre-face 1.0 one appears to be 58mm too fwn

Back