K11 2002 1.0L drive shaft length

Hi,

In need of some help please.

Trying to find out the correct length for passenger side (nearside) drive shaft for a 1.0L 2002 k11 micra no ABS. Nissan cant give me an answer without opening a service manual which they wanted money for answer and lots of motorfactors tell me different things. It seems there is a 610mm and 630mm available. Bought one from europarts (610mm) and new driveshaft seal from Nissan. ID on seal is too big by about 2mm.

Going to pull out old driveshaft tommorrow and measure everything it but any past experience would be appreciated.

(All this because CV boot is ripped and drive shaft seal leaking gearbox oil!)

Thanks

kem​

frank

Club Member
yours will be the later coilpack g/box with the crank sensor housed in the front kem (and it sounds like they have bigger c/v,s too !) similar to the highly sought after QG15 n16,s i believe

frank

Club Member
sorry mate, i have a sticky "v" edited now
it would be worth a check on nissan4u to crosscheck the part numbers

Got part number from nissan4 u already showing as 391014f501, this is different to earlier years but has no dimensions. Problem is motorfactor say they cant cross check the nissan part number? So still no way of finding out correct length. All they have is two different lengths. Do you know anywhwere that i could get drawings with dimensions for my model?

I think that maybe i have bought an earlier model driveshaft seeing as though my new genuine Nissan seal is too big for the new driveshaft?
Europarts say that the 610mm nearside length shaft is for all K11 micras, but other places say that there is a choice of 610mm and 630mm. And I know the gearbox is different after 97.
All will be revealed tommorrow upon extracation.

Do you think it could be physically possible that someone installed the incorrect length driveshaft in the past, or will I be safe if I just measure the one in there and then replace with one with the same dimensions?

Also, what could be causing the driveshaft seal to leak, already changed 6 months ago by mechanic and still leaking. Im thinking that the mating face on the shaft may be worn and so destroying the new seal? or possibly wrong seal in there judging from all the confusion im experiencing with different sizes etc.

Any help much appreciated

frank

Club Member
the preface 1.0 g/box seal is 38mm kem, and i think all the other g/boxes have a 40mm seal, is yours bigger still ?

Thanks,
The inner diameter on the new seal from nissan is 40mm. Looks like I bought the 38mm diameter, shorter drive shaft for the pre face lift model from europ.

Pulled nearside shaft out today, its 630mm long. Diameter where the seal goes is 40mm. Has 24 teeth on the inner side and 23 on the outer.

Wrongly supplied pre face lift shaft is 610mm long with 38mm diameter, 21 teeth on the inner, 23 on the outer.

Gearbox had 1 litre of oil in it due to the leak! Shaft mating face looks a bit scored.

Will be returning wrong driveshaft to Europarts. Know somewhere good to get a new replacement nearside drive shaft.?

Thanks

Been trying to find a nearside drive shaft with 24 inner teeth and 23 outer teeth and 630mm long but no where on the net seems to list them. Can anyone suggest a good place to get one from?

Thanks

Kem

Cant seemed to find a new near side drive shaft with the correct dimensions anywhere. (24 teeth gearbox side, 23 wheel side and 630mm long) Phoned at least 10 companies plus europarts dont do one at all. Also tried to get just the inner CV joint on its own but no luck. Dont really know where to get a good quality second hand one. Any ideas?