does this look normal

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
seems as though there is more smoke coming out than normal and quite a lot of water in the exhaust whats you opinions of whats wrong

DSC01421.jpg

my money is still on the headgasket kenny fwn, especially if its drinking water with no visible leaks.
i always check my compressions on our hill lol :wasntme: ignition off, in second gear, i can feel 4 distinct compressions every 6 to 12 inches where it takes a few seconds to go over tdc then jumps forward to the next cylinder
(ie, if yours goes chug.......chug........chug-chug.......chug, then.. the third chug is leaking :eek:)

Dude also check under your oil filler cap. If there is condensation/thick moisture/mayonaise then you have a head gasket problem.

Dude also check under your oil filler cap. If there is condensation/thick moisture/mayonaise then you have a head gasket problem.

Only if it's blown out into the oil lines. If it's just blown from coolant to piston you'll get a build up of gas in the cooling system. Take it for a quick run, not enough to get it red hot, just a couple of mins, then with a rag open the header tank, it should hiss and bubble for a while

Stick it in 5th lol, that'll fix it. I just use a compression tester myself, but then I'm not as old skool as some of the members on here

well i had it down a local garage and he put a pressure tester on the radiator and he says its loseing a lil bit of pressure but he cant see anywhere that it has gone but he said my radiator cap was wrong so i had to change that back so far so good need to check the water tomorrow if not then its going back to my friends garage to get the head gasket done

You should see my smoke from cold it stinks - petroling smell. exhaust is caked in water etc. If your concerned obviously get it looked at but it looks normal imo.

Id even do a video/ pic. ;)

well so far after two days of ragging about all is fine no over heating at all just a bit more white smoke than i would like but hey we cant have everything

Back