Exhaust Problems?

My SR exhaust seems to be leaking water and smoking more then normal lately especially in cold weather! Even after the engine is warmed up but the exhaust smoke seems to stop after a few miles? First thought was the head gasket so I did the usual checks ie: coolant/water level that was normal then I removed the oil cap to check for a milky residue there was none and the oil consistency look normal also the oil level is spot on. Could moisture in the exhaust/cat cause this the water dripping out of the exhaust is clean? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! B-)

Hopefully panic over just taken her out for a jolly good thrashing and there's no smoke or water dripping out of the exhaust now! Checked the air filter that's clean no milky residue on the oil filler cap I did replace the spark plugs last October but might replace with new?, :-S

Hopefully panic over just taken her out for a jolly good thrashing and there's no smoke or water dripping out of the exhaust now! Checked the air filter that's clean no milky residue on the oil filler cap I did replace the spark plugs last October but might replace with new?, :-S

Repeated short journeys the system does not get hot enough, front to back, to vaporise all condense & perhaps your back box condensate drain hole is blocked?

Referance:http://www.dj-autoparts.be/documents/documents/drainhole.pdf

Back