OmegaK11 Micra Build

CMF_omegak11

» CMF Member
Hey ppl,

Thought I'd start a thread based on the K11 Micra I am building.

To begin with I purchased this '96 Super S late last year as a project - http://img338.imageshack.us/g/001ruku.jpg/

Within weeks of me purchasing this Micra, work and personal/family commitments became epic (or maybe I was short sighted at the time of purchase?) :). I had decided at one stage to sell it, however held off and recently purchased another K11 LX 3-door which required minimal work to get road worthy - http://img13.imageshack.us/g/005wej.jpg/

So far I have stripped the Aircon out of the LX and will need to source another Non-Aircon alt. bracket or fabricate my own. I have also dummy fitted some rims I sourced - Cheviot Mesh 14x6 with a +33 offset.

I have got a few parts awaiting shipment from Japan (Coilovers, Nismo Muffler, Momo Steering wheel, Super S front bar, Recaro seat and rail).

I plan to eventually swap the following Super S gear over to the LX;
Bumpers,
Grill,
Rear Disc Brake Beam,
Seats,
Doors,
Rear Hatch.

Any advice/tips for building this K11 are greatly appreciated. ie - other parts to swap over from the Super S or parts to source from Japan etc.

Cheers,
Gav.

CMF_omegak11

» CMF Member
Motor - not really... I have only even driven these micras in and out of sheds/garages so to speak.. so not sure what to expect in terms of power to weight yet. At the moment just have a rear Nismo muffler to bolt on for a nice note and better look from the rear. I might get GA15 injectors and throttle body, but from what I gather it isn't a huge increase in power?

Thanks for that link Rudy - I'll keep it in mind. I did have plans to put the sunroof into the LX but now I think I want to keep it as light as possible :)

CMF_omegak11

» CMF Member
Coilovers - I have a set of Z10 Tein's - no idea of type.. they were sourced for me from my guy in Japan.
He also found some 'WITH Racing Project' coilovers... never heard of them, they look ok I guess. I'll use the best set of the two and sell the other - will be a long time, so no point waiting :)

Easiest option is to buy from Importmonster or the like?

Yep, I'll be selling the whole roof off the super s when I get around to pulling all the pieces off.

The occasional weekend project, not as much as I'd like :)

2 quick questions - Super S front Sway Bar and ECU - any different to the LX model?

Cheers :)

CMF_omegak11

» CMF Member
Quick update,

http://img41.imageshack.us/g/199xv.jpg/

Stripped the bits off the Super S that I plan to use on my LX. I'm now 99% sure I won't bother swapping the rear disc beam over and I still have to decide if I run with the nicer Super S doors as my LX doors are a little beat up with small dents.

The next weekend I have a day free I will strip the rest of it out. If anyone is interested in the sunroof as a whole and in Sydney let me know. I'd rather sell it complete than a few bits and pieces at the moment.

I have also sourced a GA15 throttle body and injectors from Japan. Any other advice, suggestions, parts I should be buying etc, please throw forward :)

Cheers.

CMF_omegak11

» CMF Member
Hey all,

Here are a few recent pics;

http://imageshack.us/g/836/002hac.jpg/

The car needs a good polish - the rear 1/4's have been painted with a spray can at some stage due to the car being key'd.
She isn't pretty, but will make a good rego'd track/motorkhana car.
Current wheels are Speedline 15x7 +35 with 195/50/15's all round.

Hope to pass a Blue Slip in its current state, then bolt on the following;

GA15 TB and Inj
Recaro seat and Momo Wheel
Short Shifter
Pivot Monster Tacho/Shift Light
Nismo Muffler
Bonnet Pins
Coilovers + Bar (will try both sets, already have a buyer for the set I choose not to use - sorry guys)

Thats about it... next update will be in a couple of weeks time :)

CMF_omegak11

» CMF Member
Thanks for the comments guys.

Did the final clean up of the car today, CBF with the caramel wheel.. will leave them on for now. The previous owner really loved the old rattle can touch up paint :( ahh well.... - going to take it for a blue slip next week.

I took it for a quick run around the block and noticed it hesitates at low speed, yet can freely rev to redline in neutral.

So some advice needed; - do I....

Re-Solder the throttle body *will change fuel filter as well*
or
Drop in the GA15DE throttle body (car still needs to pass rego)
or
..........?

I still have the engine out of the Super S and I know that runs sweet as - ie, dizzy, throttle body etc...

Any other tips let please me know :)

Cheers!

CMF_omegak11

» CMF Member
Ok!

Dropped in the GA15DE TB and Injectors today - she now runs sweet as. Just a new battery to be bought and its ready for rego.

Next update will be hopefully pics of all the gear bolted in :)

CMF_omegak11

» CMF Member
Update -

The Micra got rego'd during the week :)

As soon as I had those number plates bolted on I was straight into fitting the coilovers, adj-rod, Nismo Muffler, Recaro seat and Momo wheel.

I decided to try my "WITH Racing Project" coilovers I had imported over the set of Tein's to begin with. They are wound down as far as possible at the back with just the supplied spring, no collars. The fronts are lowered to suit.

Today was my first chance to take it out for a drive - I still have a massive grin on my face! I drive a SSS Pulsar with coilovers and swaybars as a daily, but just the raw go-kart handling of the Micra is so good!

Running these 15"s with the 195/50 tyres required me to massage the rear 1/4's and front guards, I will part with the 15"s soon (anyone interested let me know) and fit the 14" mesh rims I have pictured earlier.

Well not much left to do now, wheel alignment and adjust my rod a little more as the rear passengers side is rubbing a little more that I would like. Gotta fit my Pivot Tacho, some window tinting and join a sporting car club so I can get into some motorsport :)

Thanks kovert.k11 for answering my out of the blue phone call regarding modification of ****!

*edit* PICS - http://imageshack.us/g/851/005zw.jpg/

Cheers!

Back