DAEWOO MATIZ FRONT SPRING FIT ON A MICRA k11

hi as title say above i got told that you can put daewoo matiz front spring on the front off my nissan micra k11 and it will or sould give me a little drop is this true ???

if so what year?

Attachments

• DSCF0417.JPG
    DSCF0417.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,785
Do the Matiz front springs, fit only onto the front of the Micra(QUESTION MARK)

Or do they fit all around, cos that'd be insanee!

Yes the question mark on my keyboard doesn't work :/

did the springs that you got have any paint markings on them :white or blue paint? as have found some on ebay only say mk1 or mk2 matiz? no year thanks :)

sounds like a cheap way to drop 50mm, but wouldnt the standard micra shocks just constantly bottom out, and can all the matiz springs fit all round the micra?

sounds like a cheap way to drop 50mm, but wouldnt the standard micra shocks just constantly bottom out, and can all the matiz springs fit all round the micra?

the rears are a problem because any springs that are shorter become non-captive when jacked up :eek: , and the only solution (bar shorter shocks) is to use proper progressive rate lowering springs

Frank, haven't you cut a thread further down the shock shaft to reduce the ammount that the axle drops when jacked?

is it safe to cut shocks ? .. cos im sure ive read some where it can be dun i just wouldn't wana try it me self :/

Cutting shocks is fine as long as you do it cold. Hacksaw not angle grinder. And try to get both sides to match.

Over time it'll damage the shocks though as they get pulled to full travel so a strap on the axle would be much better.

Hi Mate,

Why take a chance when you can buy a set of 50 or 60mm drop springs which you know will fit.You can fit these without spring compressors, you just have to be very careful releasing the original spring tension while the damper assembly is still on the car and the weight of the car keeping the spring under tension until you jack the car up.

att www.humphrisoxford.co.uk Springs in stock 01865 748000

We're not talking about cutting springs, we're talking about cutting SHOCKS

The matiz ones are good for the older drivers as lowering springs are usually rock hard and uncomfortable, they get to lower and keep the comfort.

So, Matiz rears on the Micra front...

Then what about the rear of the Micra, any other springs out there fit..

I'm just gonna save up for some from Matt eventually :) but just curious what will fit the rear.

Back