Matiz Supension

Hi.
I know that this has probably been covered somewhere but I can’t find the answer I am looking for. Can anyone tell what the drop would be on the front suspension if I used a matiz strut and spring?. I intend to use corsa shocks and cut micra springs on the rear. As i understand it the matiz leg is 2" shorter, would this drop the front by just 2", no other mods to the front ie no shorter springs or dropped spring seats etc, just the standard matiz front leg as i am not going loooow. What would the ride be like, any different to the micra, ie softer or firmer. And can any one also tell me do i use micra or matiz top mounts. Oh and one more thing what year car do i need the struts off and are dewoo and chevy different. :)

Kind Regards
Viper.

Thanks Frank.
Could you please tell me what the drop would be using the standars matiz struts and springs.:)

Regards
Viper.
i never tried mine on the car with the full length spring tbh mate, it had 11 coils iirc and would have needed compressing about 3" to refit them under the k11 topmounts (i could,nt be arsed).
dropping the perch removes most of that preload, so as you drop the car down the spring compresses the full 3" (ie near full droop)
but if you preload them like they came off, then the car wont drop as much (same springrate tho)

Back