Front Springs (Matiz Set Up - Sorry)

Now then :), I have got a Matiz suspension set up to put on Micra, Just need something clearing up, If y'all can help me.

Which Top Mounts and Spring Cups need to be used, Matiz or Micra and If I were to cut a coil or two off would the top of the spring need heating up and reworking to sit back into the Spring cup.

Tried to use search functions and couldn't really find out what I needed, Sorry :oops:

Gaz

OP
OP
K11 Gazza
Have done Frank :) , Just to clarify ha Do you use all of the Micra top mount and If you cut the springs do they need re-working to be put back into shape? I know the Standard Spring and Shock does 50mm just thinking about if I wanted to go lower that's all ha

frank

Club Member
yes micra topmount mate (shaft is D shaped and slightly bigger) and i cut about 5 coils off my old set (did,nt bother re-setting the tail, but would be preferable) but dropping the lower perch and leaving the spring stock works better really

OP
OP
K11 Gazza
Guessing you cut Spring from the top and not the bottom? and By the Tail I'm guessing you mean the bit of the spring where it has been cut to?

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
yep, matiz top spring cup, matiz plastic bearing, micra topmount with the hole filed out to fit the matiz strut top, i then used the matiz spring washer and top nut. You will also have to slot one of the lower 2 hub mounting holes on the strut, i slotted the bottom one to give me about 8mm more lows, you can do either top or bottom but make sure you do both sides the same.

OP
OP
K11 Gazza
Cheers Hoop and Frank, much obliged :cool: . Now just need to get into workshop and do it :). Did you lower the spring perch on yours Hoop?

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
yup, ground through the weld to release it, slide it up, gring the remainder of the weld flatish, slide the cup to the bottom and welded it to the lower strut mount. Car is very low with this set up though, a fair bit lower than the corsa coilover set i had before, not ideal for roads with acne, anti roll bar is about 15-20mm off the floor :S

frank

Club Member
yup, ground through the weld to release it, slide it up, gring the remainder of the weld flatish, slide the cup to the bottom and welded it to the lower strut mount. Car is very low with this set up though, a fair bit lower than the corsa coilover set i had before, not ideal for roads with acne, anti roll bar is about 15-20mm off the floor :S
Aye, i did,nt weld the perches down till i had ran the car for a few weeks lol :)
And ended up raising them a tad with some leftover bigend shells