crazy Swedes micra, Rwd

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
engine out to change gearbox.

will also change oil, adjust rockerarms and a few other small stukk.

started with rewelding stock 13" rims for wider tyres.
80mm+ in back and 50mm + in front,

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
new rims almosty ready.

8.5" back and 7.5" front...

new ghearbox and engine mounted , will be driving again tommorow

falgbreddning.jpg

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
new gearbox works fine :)

plans for the summer.

18-19 june , trackday.

1 july trackday

7 july dyno meet

21 aug trackday

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
it defenetly will be. but only need to take it a bit easy with 5th gear,

probobly need to make a lot of testing with front wheel alignement before it will work fine going sideways in those speeds anyway.

3.30 rearaxle is located at the scrapyard,
swedisch nationalday/libertyday so everything is closed,

but probobly will go there tommorow, also found a electonic steering -hydraulic pump from a volvo v50 -07, that should bee perfet since i alrydy have a servo-frontaxel, but no place for the pump in engingebay

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
last video with 3.90 rearaxle, theoraticly 215km/h on fifth gear and 6500, my rpm limit is set to 6700...

will start changning axle tommorow,

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
tested driving a little more...

am planing to buy an other project for 2012 so this micra is most defenetly up for sale unforently...

i need to sell it for 100.000 swedisch kronor . aprox 15.000 aud.

am planning to buy a Lola t91 (raced in 1991) it is a trade in for my frind that works with f1 cars and this one is to old for him, so i will get a god price on it (even if it is ofcurse much more expensvie than the micra) but selling the micra can make the down payment.

i an going to swedich grand prix track anderstorp next friday and will testdrive the formula car... very exited.

anyway, here is a film of the micra from today, need new brakes, as someone earlyer said the brakes didnt handle the power... will change a few stuf hpouing the front rotors wil work at first trackay.

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
engine out again, nut to timingchain loosened wich resulted in 6 broken rockerarms , 2 broken valves.

fortunately pistons and head itself is fineso hopfully it can be repaired before gatebil trackday this weekend, will show pics

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
at first i was using micras stock brake booster and main brake cylinder.

volvo 240 stock rear brakecalipers, stock brake pads and a wilwood brake valve.

in front wv golf 2 mk2 front rotors and stock pads.

the brakes worked ok but when doing 2-3 brakes from 200+ km/h the brake pedal fell inte the floor of the heat, tjhe main cylinder was to small...

throw brake booster and micra head cylinder away and mounted instead a volvo 340/360 head cylinder , (without brake booster) changed to EBC redstuff pads in the back and used modified nascar brakepads in the front... i havent tryed the brakes yet since engine is out but i hope it wil work fine..

engine with rebuilt head is mounted beside the car. only waiting for a gasket kit to be able to mount last parts and put it in again... hopfully it arrives tommorow.

first trackday planed this weekend saturday/sundey

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
you can serch on youtube
gatebil mantorp 2011

you can se the micra at 04.20 and 06.25

didnt get any god laptimes, it was almost impossiblöe to drive without powersteering,.

when giving full trottle the rearend came out and made me go of thye track a few times, after that i drove it a little sloover unfortenly...

bought myself a gopro so i will post some films later from street

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
lol. yees. :) gatebil trackdays is 50% cars, 25% girls and 25% beerdrinking.

the noerwegians has a strange attitude to beer and cars...

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
first test laps at gatebil. using street tyres. no grip whats so ever, i wasnt able to give full throttle more than on a few short periods of time...

also driving without powersteering ...

not fast , but only first test...

CMF_Lodo75

» CMF Member
haha, love the lap!! i see a paper on the window. is it still for sale, to bad!
this is by far the most bizar micra on this forum. altough u dont use a micra engine or any moving bits what so ever. but stil awsome to see.
please do give us a link if u change cars.

greetz

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
yes it is still for sale. i will put it on dyno 9 july, after that i will put out a advertise on internet here in sweden.

testmounted wheels today.
tyres is bridgestone potenza, 210-650-13"

wheels back widened 80mm on the inside, then moved out 60mm using wheelspacers.

only front tyres left to fix when i hacve time...

micramedslicks.jpg

since i like you guys so much i will show yopu the new project.

f1-06_1.jpg

it is a lola t91, raced in f3000 1990-1991. but this chassie was banned from racing in 1992,
the big front and rear spoiler +2meters wide wheelspan gave to much downforce so it was to fast for most europeean racetracks or sometthiong like that-
the f1 cars today are only 1.60M wide so this one is really wide :)

i will use a 3L twinturbo alfa romeo v6 in that car, runnning probobly twå mhitd0419t chargers, and also ofcourse VIPEC .
gearbox is 5speed dogbox, and 2 disc carbonfibre 4.5" clutch...

so, now you know why i have to sell the micra, i am flat broke after al money spent on thi nissan så i have to sell it to pay for the f1 replica :p

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
car crasched into a lightpole with the rear of the car.

skidmarks on 5th gear , fortenly i surrvived and car IS possible to repair.

it is also sold ... new car is going to be puicked up at tuesday this week.

new owner and i will repair micra in 2 weeks for a traydcak the 23 july. will be driving both cars on that trackday. also thinking about turbocharging the v6 engine in new car at low boost, but the time is very short for all the changes that comes with turboing it.

will post pictures on car tommorow

CMF_jcmicra

» CMF Member
^ whoa!! badluck ay :( glad you got out safe. i thought this car was for track use only, i can't believe you can register a car for the street like this lol scary...most insane build thread on this site, go to the track, race it, crash, buy a F1 Replica..you sure are a CRAZY swede!! Keep it up! haha

love the F1 Replica! very nice! keep us updated even if its not a micra :D

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
it was ment to be a streetcar, but it is not really legal to drive on roads , but who cares anyway:p

the micra is sold to a friend of mine, it is almost ready , next weekend is trackday, we will bring micra + Lola to track and race them,... :)

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
Micra is still alive.
needs a new paintjob still but not more much.

today my friend sold it to David björk.
one of swedens best racedrivers.

earlier swedish tuorincar driver, driver in porsche cup. Gp2 radical cup etc,

if anyone can handle this car , it is probobly him

i am SOO happy a professional driver is new owner of car, if anyone can make this car go fast it is probbobly nessesary :)

Back