Bye Bye Micra, time for some RWD fun

M

Monkey

Oh well what can you say, my micra has gone to the scrap heap in the sky.

the amount of diesel was emence, at least a foot deep, covered in ice with a new susbstance found only on that patch of road, chemical analysis has show that its the mos slippery stuff every known ot man and will be used as a new lubricant for everything

CRASH-59.jpg

CRASH-1.jpg

at approx 11:30pm last night, we approched this blind right hand bend on Lee Lane, i was driving at approx 40mph
CRASH-102.jpg

I could see a vehicle comming as i could see their headlights, but as i approched the corner they did not dip their lights or move across to their side of the road, its verry narrow and they were partly on my side, but due to their full beams being on i couldnt see the whole width of the car properly, i moved left, braked and the turned the steering wheel right to co round the cornder, at this point i went straight on

as you can see its very narrow, this is looking the other way in the opposite direction

CRASH-128.jpg

this is the same location, with a car driving in the same direction as i was, you can see my skid marks
CRASH-24.jpg

Im not using this and an excuse, but a contibuting factor, the road surface is very slippery, and covered in gravel that has been dragged on to the road by other cars. i should have been driving slower, but is was doing 40 in a 40 limit, maybe batter typres, or what i dnt know. all i know is its happened and im going ot loose my no claims

CRASH-121.jpg

ive bought a MX5, i dont pick it up till next week, and i have no pics for you yet, but im after some upgrades and was wondering if you could help me get them for a good price, or is there any better alternatives

a bit about the car,its a 1.8 1995 (n Reg) in BRG with black cloth interior, 61k on the clock (genuine and can see from all MOT's) full service history, New Wheels and Tyres, New Exhaust, New Hood, New Imobiliser, Taxed and MoT'd till July 2007

all for the princly sum of £2550

MMMM a Difusser

Second ones Down

Maybe

I would'nt say thats a write off mate. You could get it fixed yourself fairly cheap. New wing, numper, bonnet, headlight, possibly front panel depending if its bent. Definately fixable though.

Sorry to ehar about though, but definately look into it getting fixed, a decent bodyshop could do it for a nice price.

Yeah thats not a write off at all, a few hundred quid parts and some labour you would have that as good as new. I dont believe you were doing 40 mph tho :p

the cars a write off, the chassis bent as i hit the grass embankment at a funny angle, went down a dip too. non of the doors shut properly, so its bent

the insurance comapny has it in Canvy island Essex a HBC IIRC its a salvage yard, the engine is mint, just been serviced with 63k on the clock if you want it.

it happended in southampton Lee Lane

i'm dealing with the insurance company so if you want it you have to go and get it

My bonnet looked like that after a 20mph crash, my bumper wasnt so bad tho so ed it was probably around 40mph, maybe less. sorry to hear about that tho mate.

Grant said:
sorry to hear that mate, how many no claims did you have?

i had 3 years IIRC thats what annoys me more.

but here is my new toy 1.8 MX5

wow, i picked it up last night from Newbury and its a great car to drive, alot different to what i was expecting, the ride is firm and you notice every bump, the steering is precise and you can really feel what is going on with the road under you. it feel quite pokey (well its alot faster than im used to) and handles like a dream.

im sooo happy wit the car

PIC-RS-2.jpg

PIC-RS-1.jpg

one small problem, when braking from over 50 i can feel a judder through the steering and breake pedel, im not sure what it is, but the car has been standing for nearly 4 weeks, so i hope it goes away. but we wil see.

Back