Cornwall

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
what members live around cornwall,

just so happens im going down to mevagissey/st austell for my holiday this year so wouldnt mind having a meet sometime between the last week of july first week of august

yep im down in sunny old cornwall lol :)

fordy: on your holiday are you just staying around "st Austell" or are you planning are driving around abit and see a few locations??

only cause i may be able to recommend some awesome (hopefully) places

napster

well fordy if you go around Truro etc and want to meet up quickly.....then it shouldnt be a problem !!

hopefully weather wil be good when your down :)

if you have alook on a map around cornwall (which im sure you have already done?) and see a place / area etc...if you want to ask anything about it then i will do my best to help!! hopefully i wont put you off coming down lol

napster

(if you want and i dont have to and sorry for asking but i could recommend a place where you staying???)

Fordy if you go north through cornwall (A30) you wont need to pay anything and its much faster too. I think thats the campsite Claire (my g/f) grandparents used to run. Its a nice site, and quite central to lots in cornwall. You will definatley want to visit Truro its a very nice city. You can get short boat trips from there around the local area which are also good fun. Lands end is about an hour and a half away, which if you like that kind of thing is a worthwhile day trip, even if its just to say you have been there. Mevagissey is a small fishing village, again quite nice. And then there is Newquay the more lively and young part, and all the beaches etc that go with it.

Since Claire used to live down there and I live up here with a round trip of about 280 miles each way, I know the journey well. I used to take the A38 route, but the A30 is much faster and much nicer! HOWEVER in the summer I REALLY suggest to either take the journey very early (or late) to avoid the crazy summer traffic (both routes). That can add 2 hours or more to the journey.

Since Claire used to live down there and I live up here with a round trip of about 280 miles each way, I know the journey well. I used to take the A38 route, but the A30 is much faster and much nicer! HOWEVER in the summer I REALLY suggest to either take the journey very early (or late) to avoid the crazy summer traffic (both routes). That can add 2 hours or more to the journey.

Traffic is stupid in summer grr ........lucky i know loads of back lanes to get around :grinning: ....makes traveling loads more fun!!

the A30 is having "road developments to it" all over to be honest but really bad by "bodmin"!!! not that you would need to take the A30 that far down (if that makes sense, cause you will be taking the "A390" to get to truro and about????)

yes exactly. I only really do the journey are night. Those bodmin road works are going pretty fast however, considering the size of the project.

My aunt lives in Liskeard so i've done the trip a few times in the summer with my parents, we stayed near Bude once and once on the Lizard. Very nice place Cornwall, but one thing that always sticks in my mind is the insane traffic!

ed i think im going over the bridge because im going down with my parents that are towing the caravan, maybe we went over the brigde before because we couldnt go though Mevagissey with a caravan,

i do like cornwall, Mevagissey is great for walking around little shops and watching the fishers come back on the boats unloadin their catch,

i only went though truro to get to asda for supplys, lands end is small but the firework show was great watching it on the cliff top, my parents have a thing of finding beachs and there not always easy to get to,

we normally leave about 5 or 6 in the morning when we go, but its a convoy line like this, terrano + caravan followed by me followed by x-trial + trailer, and this year theres less people going or it would be + another car and caravan and a megane estate. lol more fun with more people imo

traffic isnt bad as long as the aircon is working, but this year im going in my car which doesnt have aircon :doh: so i hope its raining on the way down so i dont get cooked alive lol

Back