South East: Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Just trying to generate interest for a possible meet in the Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire area, within the next few weeks. For those of you that have missed any recent meets, particularly the Brighton meet on the 17th July.

I need names, locations, and dates suggested.

Was thinking somewhere between 25th July/5th August, somewhere around then? Let me hear your ideas, lets get the ball rolling for a decent meet (Y).

Need to get enough names to make it happen :grinning:.

Dan

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Well lets hope I can get a decent sized list of names (Y). Not sure about dates though, because Phil is organising one for next weekend. Might have to make this one for the end of August so I can try get as many names as possible

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Got a date set now - 27th/28th August. Just need names and possible locations (Y)

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I don't know, I've always classed it as south, some people class it as Midlands, sometimes even East Anglia. I think the end of August is probably the best time to do it. Gives 5 weeks to get names (Y)

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
and only 1 day for them to drop out last minute lol :p

I hope that wasn't a slight dig at me not being able to make the Brighton meet :laugh:. I just hope I can get enough names though, 10 or more would be awesome (Y)

frank

Club Member
I hope that wasn't a slight dig at me not being able to make the Brighton meet :laugh:. I just hope I can get enough names though, 10 or more would be awesome (Y)

just a bit of banter me and shaun had about mids/south meets on the msc staff thread lol :grinning:

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
just a bit of banter me and shaun had about mids/south meets on the msc staff thread lol :grinning:

Aha, nothing bad I hope :laugh::laugh:. I was a bit disappointed that I missed that meet though, tried everything I could to fund it :glare:. Hopefully I'll get something out of this though, eh? :grinning:

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Damn you always being right Frank! lol
Yeah some people just drop out without a word... :wasntme:
out of the possible 16/17 people we got 7/8 cars lol
Terrible but the weather is partly to blame...
i maybe interested in this Mid/North/East Anglia meet of yours dan as it would be after my payday and near my brother in wellingborough so could go visit him as an excuse lol :p

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I had a genuine reason though, I couldn't afford it, but thought I would be able to :down:.

Okay, so possible names so far, just add yours:

Dan
Vitus
Shaun

Need a lot more than 3 names :laugh:

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
I had a genuine reason though, I couldn't afford it, but thought I would be able to :down:.

Okay, so possible names so far, just add yours:

Dan
Vitus
Shaun

Need a lot more than 3 names :laugh:

Oh and if you don't turn up to your own organised thAng... i'll do something nasty to your micra, like put a big APPLE logo on there. the iMicra lol

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Oh believe me, I'm definitely going to turn up to my own meet, because it's a lot closer to me :laugh:. Plus I do enjoy a good meet, as I'm sure most people do (Y).

The iMicra? Hold on a minute. Apple? Green car? Is there a similarity going on here? Ooooooo, I think there is :laugh:

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Oh believe me, I'm definitely going to turn up to my own meet, because it's a lot closer to me :laugh:. Plus I do enjoy a good meet, as I'm sure most people do (Y).

The iMicra? Hold on a minute. Apple? Green car? Is there a similarity going on here? Ooooooo, I think there is :laugh:
Your getting me now.
But seriously. Turn Up!
anyways put me down as a maybe because i'll have to arrange with my brother about crashing over his that Day/weekend whatever date you decide on.

So

List So Far:
1. Dan
2. Vitus
3. Shaun (maybe)

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I'm going to turn up to my own meet :laugh:. I've got a load of stuff going up for sale on eBay over the next couple of weeks, including a motorbike, so I'm sure I'll be able to find enough cash out of that to put fuel in my car and get food :grinning:.

Researching decent places to meet that aren't in my home town, because it's a dump, and there's nowhere decent anyway :laugh:

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Ok, got an idea for location now. Was thinking Pitsford Resevoir in Northampton? Good parking facilities (free, as far as I'm aware - unless anyone else knows different), great views (good for photos :grinning:), and decent pubs nearby.

Unless anyone else has any different suggestions?

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Bump, anyone else thinking of putting their names down? Need to get aas many names as possible, the more the merrier, as they say :grinning:. Times and plans still to be decided, but I'm open to ideas. List so far, just add yours:

1. Dan
2. Vitus
3. Shaun (maybe)

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
You really do make me laugh sometimes mate :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes, the meet, not what happens at home in your spare time :laugh:

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
trying to set my car up at the moment, well behind everyone at the moment!
can not give a defo yet

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Ah, fair enough mate. Sounds like you got a lot to do when you put it like that :doh:

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
aye mate lets see what happens , i'll try make it but wont put name down just so as to not be letting you fine fellows down.
i'd be letting myself down to be honest, meets are very good

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Ok mate, well just let us know near the time. Hopefully I'll have enough numbers to actually warrant still holding the meet. Want at least 10 people I think :grinning:

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Ok mate, I'll put you down as a maybe (Y). It all depends on if I get the numbers. If not, I'll rearrange it for another time

1. Dan
2. Vitus (maybe)
3. Shaun (maybe)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
well with the retrorides gathering happen near the time i don't think i will be making it but at least i'll see you there right? :p

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Yeah Shaun, definitely. I might just see if I can get more names for this. If not, I'll just give it a miss (for now). But I'm looking forward to Retrorides though, certainly sounds like there'll be alot of people going, and there's still a month to go (Y)

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Have decided to call this meet off for the time being, not getting anywhere near enough interest as I would have hoped. I also get the feeling that as it's quite close to the Retrorides meet, the people that would normally come to this type of local meet will be going to Retrorides as well, and therefore can't really afford to go to 2 meets so close to each other. Phil (phil.marsh) has also got his own meet arranged soon as well, so I don't really want to impose.

So for now, I'm calling it off. If anyone suddenly decides they can make it, just PM me or something, as I'll be closing this thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.