2x 1st Overalls in my K11 Micra

Hi people. My name is Sam and I'm from Cornwall.

This is actually my first post on here but thought i would share with you all the success of my completely standard mint K11 1999 1.0 Profile 3dr which i bought for £700 . So heres the story...

I co-drive in an ex-works Suzuki Swift Cup Rally Car during the year, and marshal on several rallies etc, so I dont have much time to drive myself on any other motorsport events like that. So, being the end of the season and the rally car having a rebuild through the winter, I decided to enter an Autosolo (A mixture of an Autotest/Sprint/Time Attack event) last month ran by Truro and District Motor Club which is ran in Cornwall College's Car Parks.

There was lots of competition there including Minis./MR2 Turbos/Swift GTI/Saxo vtr/s/Altezza/Porsche etc etc. Anyway, as it turned out I won the event outright, setting fastest time on every single run a and by quite a big gap. The other drivers were shocked and were asking questions like what the hell have you done to that Micra? lol. I explained it is completely standard with standard road tyres.

Then, this weekend I entered the same event again (as they hold quite a few during the year) and did exactly the same again and wiped the floor clean, finishing 1ST overall, but this time against a lot more opposition. I have left them all wondering how a ''MICRA'' can set the times it does!

The car doesnt use hardly any fuel at all, even when going flat-out all day, and is still on the same set of tyres as when i bought it. I also drive the car to work during the week and have never had any trouble with it whatsoever.

What an amazing car!!!!!

Im now looking to modify it a bit (maybe it doesnt need it?) and maybe have a crack at the BTRDA National Autosolo Championship next year. Any thoughts?

Cheers, Sam

Well done. There is however a lot more pace left to squeeze out of your car. I have lots of experience in Autosolo and developed my car step at a time during 09. I got it dominant in class and competitive with the leaders in 1.6 (saxo vtr vts) class. It depends how much you want to spend really but I'm willing to make suggestions. Take a look at the older footage in my channel and read the comments to get some useful clues. https://www.youtube.com/user/reflexuk1?feature=mhee

Back