Considering a Micra but... is it girly!?

Ello all,

Considering a Micra Tekna at the moment, I'm a bit torn on the looks and the image. I know of a few guys that drive them but mostly women.

I'm really just after something thats safe, reliable and economical more than 'looking cool' but dont really fancy comments all the time saying its a womans car etc

How many guys drive them on here then? Also would a 6'3 driver fit in ok?

this one is a bit girly :grinning:

Attachments

• pink.jpeg
    pink.jpeg
    11.7 KB · Views: 547
How do people find them on petrol too? (Looking at the 1.4) and also are there normally rattles in the dash/panels or are Nissans quite good for erm.. not being rattly!?

I'm 6ft 5 and mine is fine. Has more space for me than my Primera had.

I think it looking a bit girly depends on the colour. Go for a ''many' colour and lower it and it won't look girly.

buy one add some flames and make it black lower it with spoiler and a massive sound system and then lets see who calls it girly :p GROWL!! :p

I'm 6 foot and there's tons of head room and it's a 1.6, does 0-60 in around 9 seconds and averages 42 mpg - what's not to like :laugh:. I'd say 'girl' cars are Tigras, Kas, new Beetles etc. There's something very uni-sex and uni-age about Micras I reckon :).

I've got a 1.5 dci and its brilliant. It handles great and on my daily commute which is 'very spirited a and b road' driving I get 66+ mpg, when on motorways it goes to around 70mpg if I stick to 75 and around town I get around 57mpg. So on fuel its brilliant. I've had it re-mapped also so it's no slouch for a Micra, (82bhp standard, now 112.9 & 169lbs.ft) :) Plus the boot loading space is square so you don't get into trouble loading big objects etc.

Wat you doing in her Doz?!?! LOL

As for girly, i would say the K12 is a bit more girly looking than the earlier boxier shapes IMO (sorry guys) but they my girlfriends one seems like a decent car (but with a few too many Renault bits on that CAN go wrong) That said have only had about three things go wrong with hers (53 plate 1.2 on 50k) but I have even less things go wrong on my 94 plate Primera on 101k generally!! :p

6ft 5 and a half :grinning:. My head nearly touches the roof of my car when I drive my K11, but I fit perfectly in my BMW and the K12 and K13 Micras (Y)

Wat you doing in her Doz?!?! LOL

As for girly, i would say the K12 is a bit more girly looking than the earlier boxier shapes IMO (sorry guys) but they my girlfriends one seems like a decent car (but with a few too many Renault bits on that CAN go wrong) That said have only had about three things go wrong with hers (53 plate 1.2 on 50k) but I have even less things go wrong on my 94 plate Primera on 101k generally!! :p

Living the dream with a Diesel K12 my friend!

I love mine, I think the trim has a lot to do with the "girly" factor. I reakon if you get any but the sport its girly. But the sport ones just look more masculine with the spoiler, front fogs and nice alloys. Plus the sports are glued to the road, their great fun on twisty roads.

I too have a DCI 86 Sport and to be honest I was expecting it to be a slow fart but it completely gobsmacked me, top end its not the fastest, but acceleration is on par with the Astra 1.9 120bhp I had, and like I say it sticks to the road, when coming home late at night after work I've cornered the thing at 60 and it still held on like nothing else.

I dare not corner any higher on fear that my neck snaps!

Agree with slamdunk too, its so funny watching some charv in a saxo come up behind you, then you stick your foot down and they disappear. LOL

PS: Im 6,2" and amble room

I agree with PaulM87, I got a 1.4SE and was very surprised at the speed it can achieve - not the fastest, but compares well to my previous car, a Primera on an SR20DE, 140bhp. The 160SR can only be better, obviously.

It also handles very well indeed. When I first got it it felt ever so tall, and like it might topple over. Once I realised that a) it's not as tall as it looks at first glace and b) Nissan don't often make cars that topple over, I got more confident and find it flies around corners, and is a lot of fun all over town.

As for does it look girly... I don't think so. Apart from the one I've seen in Hemel with eyelashes and flowers on it.

Back