Is it a Micra or a March?

J

Jack the Nipper

Hi, first time poster, so be nice, please!

A friend recommended a car to us, said it was a 2001 reg Nissan Micra, really low mileage and immaculate condition. Then he said its a March F model, but it wasn't a Japanese import.

My brother had a March import about 7-8 years back, and it was a nightmare (and really expensive!) to get any parts for it, so I don't really want to go down that road.

I thought the March F was a Japanese import, but he says it's not. I'll be viewing the car tonight: can anyone tell me what to look out for to correctly identify it?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, forgot to mention, it's for the missus for school runs and stuff, a step up from her Siecento (nasty car!)

D4R73N said:
Did they come perlesent?
This one is metallic maroon red, I'm told. WAB, how do you mean the boot is different? I don't have anything to compare it against, unfortunately.

The old way to recognise an import was to see if the speedo was in kph or mph, and there was usually a sticker or two in Japanese on the windows or body of the cars. It's just that I thought March=Japanese, Micra=Made in UK? Is the March made in UK as well?

Thanks for the help, though, fellas, good stuff!

No, the March is made in Japan.

The boot is different in that it has a square sized number plate holder, with lights that stick out instead of being relatively flush with the body.

As for March parts being hard to come by, i'm pretty sure most of the Micra parts will fit fine :)

Welcome to the club,
James.

Cheers, James. I have to say, from the description the car is a bargain, but the parts issue still bothers me. I remember in particular my brother spent nearly a month trying to find a wingmirror for a '90 reg March and it cost him 3 or 4 times the price of a Micra one. Are parts more compatibe now?

welcome to the site,

the best way to tell if its a march is the march sticker lol

everything on the march is replacable with micra parts,

the main thing to look out for is the rear number plate lights, they light from the side instead of the top :)

Thanks all, I'll see it later with all the knowledge! Its got 7k miles (yeah, 7,000!) on the clock, looks like the original tyres, with full sevice history for £3600, so it sounds like 'er indoors is going to be joing the Micra club soon. I was just worried that if I brought in in somewhere for a service, the mechanic would say "Japanese import, can't get the parts, it's gonna cost ya...". Sound familiar? Thanks again everyone!

Just tell him there's a whole club that would disagree with him and that all parts are perfectly replacable by Micra ones ;)

James said:
Just tell him there's a whole club that would disagree with him and that all parts are perfectly replacable by Micra ones ;)

then give him back hand to the face, :)

or a Chuck Norris roundhouse lol

James said:
The boot is different in that it has a square sized number plate holder, with lights that stick out instead of being relatively flush with the body.

Eww..cant say i like the sound of that...K10 style...

dont meen that bad agaist K10s..they can get away with it...

K11 march style rocks!

my personal favourite - GIGA K11

11.jpg

Back