Considering

Layla

Deactivated Account
im after a new car, and unfortunately for me the k11 is now impracticle. so im moving onto a K12. :D

just after a bit of advice from the k12 owners, before random k10 owners try giving me advice on a car they've never driven :) no offence guys, but I'm not after technical things!

I'm mainly considering the dCi, because it does 60+mpg.

just wanting to know how comfortable the car is after a while tbh, i only got a 15 minute test drive, and i dont honestly think thats long enough to get the feel of a car, especially considering i'll be investing a lot of money in it!

So, is it a good enough car to be doing 500 miles plus per week, or should i consider leaving the micra behind and going for something altogether different?

thanks for your advice

xLx

yeah - they get my seal of approval.
i drove my 160SR to Croatia and back during July and it was a dream.
i managed 1100miles in 13hrs on the return leg. (shared with a co-driver)
you can't really fault these motors.
go for it.
H

sonic said:
Have you considered a petrol and a gas conversion kit ? kinder to the environment, and way cheaper to run.

as my dear old grandmama would say "by the time the environment is knackered, i'll be pushing up daisies"

plus thats technical. i'd break it :p

but thanks for the advice, i'll look into it and have a natter with my mechanic

and thanks for the advice banksy, will go for another test drive and see what i think. 160 is a bit too extreme on the insurance, and i dont think ian would ever forgive me if i got one before he did!

oh i dont know about diesels but even for petrol my 1.4 SX is doing very well. i put £33 pounds in and it runs for 370 miles and i drive like a nutter.

seats wise arent very supportive but it does the job. if you want something nippy but not too much on insurance the 1.4 is the best for both worlds comparing against 1.2 and 1.6.

hmm if the 1.4 is fairly decent for fueling i might look into that. like i said, im doing 500 miles every monday, the disease-el might start grating after a while! lol

thanks again for all the advice! keep it coming!

I don't know if Nissan are still making the two diesel engines anymore, but if they are and you decide to go for a diesel get the high powerd one! coz the lower one only had/has 60 odd bhp.

Mine is the 1.2 and although it does #### me off sometimes when I get the 1.6 hatchbacks passin uz, it is good for 1240cc and its only about 8bhp less than the 1.4

If you wanted to mod it later though you would find more parts for the CR12DE

the dci would suit the 500 miles better that the 1.4 as you'll get quite high mpg on the motorway.

plus the seats are not too bad, i find them good on my 300 mile journey :)

Can't really add anything that hasn't been said already.

CAT's only a little 1.2 and certainly performs on the motorways. The seats in the K12 are wierd, they seem too high and firm at first, but you sink into them really nicely.

From comments made from customers who come in and look at the K12 the large majority of people prefer the driving position in the K12 to the compeition, Corsa, Yaris etc, I'm 6'1" and find it a very comfy ride...

From a mileage POV, I've only sold two DCi's as they are not that common, both people I have sold them to do a lot of motorway mileage and both of them are returning over 70mpg accourding to the trip computer so a tad better than your expecting :D

If your looking to buy new from a Nissan Dealer there is an option on at the mo on all DCi K12's where you can buy now on finance and not pay until March '07 with 5.9% finance which should help you out a bit if you are looking to finance your next car :D

There maybe other options available to you if your not looking new, I've got access to a couple of good used if you can't find anything as they aren't the most common car in the dealerships :D

nissan in shields (where i live) have one in at the moment, and nissan sunderland isnt too far away, so im expecting a few in the area.

the finance thing looks like a good offer to me, since im needing something pretty sharpish to replace my k11 as he may be off to a better home (*cough* scrap yard) Mother is financing anyway :D

And again guys, thank you all so so much for your help and advice! going to pop down with my parents on thursday, see what they can offer me. will let you know but in the mean time, keep it a comin'!

lol i'll have a chat with the guys in nissan sunderland or benfield newcastle, see what they can offer me. i have seen a nice dCi 85 s im interested in. 3.5k miles, 3 door, all the mod cons for 7k.

i sense a new car :D

micra's drepreciate quite heavily i would say.......i think getting a higher mileage example wouldnt do u any harm, like a sub 20k example will be priced at under 5k yet its still reliable, have warranty left.

but of course if you can afford it, go for it! :glance:

ive just been on the phone to a dealer in carlisle about an 82 SE.

3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Diesel, 3,500 miles, Pacific Blue, 6 CD autochanger,ABS with Brake Assist,Air-conditioning,Central door locking,Drive computer,Driver's airbag,Electric Brake Distribution (EBD),Engine immobiliser,Front side airbags,Keyless entry with superlocking,Passenger airbag,Power assisted steering (PAS),Electric door mirrors,Electric front windows,3 rear headrests,Active front headrest system,Audible driver's seatbelt reminder,Digital clock,Headlamp levelling,Height adjustable driver's seat,Leather steering wheel with audio controls,Lumbar support,Rear wash wipe,Tilt adjustable steering wheel,2 cupholders,Battery Save,Body coloured bumpers,Body coloured door handles,Body coloured door mirrors,Friendly lighting system. £7,699.

mm c/p

anyway

he said that he can take my car as part ex as a deposit, will knock it down to £6.5k, 3.5% finance rate, which i dont have to start paying til march 07.

seriously, i want this man's babies. lucky i was only over the phone, i bet he thinks im hot :p

The 1.0 and 1.2 K12 engines are superb, in particular I love the 1.0. They're so willing and revvy, I had one for a week and did 2000 miles in it, driving it pretty hard and it returned 42mpg!

my mate had a 80bhp dci clio (same engine) he used to get about 550-600miles per tank in his. the micra's not as good on fuel with different gearing and worse aerodynamics, but it shouldn't be far off the clio. micras are about 82bhp iirc.get it chipped and it should take it to about the 100bhp mark.

Back