Companies merging, possible job losses?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi guys

The company i work for is merging with someone else. They have about 200 staff compared to our 40, and turn over 5 times more than we do. We've been told our jobs are safe "for now", but i don't feel very safe, and I was just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and what the usual out come is? Should i be looking for another job?

i would say keep your options open,wont hurt to keep an eye open for other jobs if the worst happens.

good luck mate hope all is ok in the long run

with out sounding like a thorn in the side, this happened to my dads company, someone bought them, they were told they were safe and on the following mondya tyhe gates were locks and they were in administration. all they wanted was the designs, they carried on trading under a different, name with is not againt the law just an arse lol......but if your company provides a service that they dont then i guess your safe. but lie andy said, id keep my options open just incase mate........chin up (Y)

I can understand where you're coming from mate - I'm at risk of redundancy where I work!
You sound a bit safer than I do, so like it's been said, chin up and just keep looking around! :)

i lost my job, looked for a new one for 6 months and then left the country lol

England is not the place to be right now, job wise. i recommend everyone go to Norway, i was there the other day, they earn sometimes up to £36 an hour!!!

I might not go that extreme! :p

But yeah I'm not feeling all too positive at the moment!

i still think you will be ok, and remember what i said i want everything you can carry from the stationary cupboard!

Back