Drink Driving

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Thought I might share this story with you.One of my staff last Sunday night evidently had some dispute with his partner.Jumped into the company vehicle which was a Ford Maverick 4WD all rigged up with spray gear worth about $20k and took off down the road. First corner rolled it.Lucky idiot ( yes he is an idiot) came away with a few scratches. Cops have got him for drink driving plus other charges some of which I think will turn out to be substance abuse. No job anymore plus whatever the law will end up throwing at him. Of course company insurance does not cover drink driving accidents ( vehicle a total write off plus all the gear)and the company of course will be after him for compensation.
So do not drink/take drugs and drive. He has just wrecked his life. I cannot feel sorry for him at all. What if he had cleaned up another car/pedestrian ?
Rolled it on the corner, the vehicle slide across the footpath and luckily ended up on a vacant allotment. House on both sides.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i agree. its mad over here in the UK for drink driving and drug abuse, then they ride a car like they are on top of the world. our punishment methods etc are so weak people do it all the time. are you strict over there, apart from you carry guns we carry little black sticks lol.

sorry about the car mate.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah our cops carry guns, but the laws are still weak as p155.

Everyone gets away with everything over here. We just let them walk all over the police, let them swear at the police without the police being allowed to break their kneecaps. The police should not have to put up with that abuse. Most people agree with what I'm saying, I think its not too far off that we'll have some kind of big riot thing or massive political agenda for trying to address how we handle crime over here. Crime is pretty high in Australia unfortunately when you look at the stats among world cities. Again, another thing we can learn from Japan/Singapore who both have the lowest crime rates in the world.

Zero tolerance policy. People are not that stupid. They will learn fast when the penalties hurt. People will be too scared to mess around. Anyone who does will set an example for the rest of us to observe and learn from. The problem over here is drugs. Most of our crime is all because of drugs. And a lot of those people have permanently warped/damaged/altered their brains because of the chemical substances, so its actually impossible to salvage or help them. They have chemically edited their brains permanently, into skitzo's etc.

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Spot on Cisco. The substance abuse is reaching epidemic proportions.
Speed/ice so cheap to buy and that stuffs your brain up forever. Penalities are non existant and the magistrates/judges are not in touch with the real world.
Zero tolerance for sure.Drink/drugs driving 1 st offence no licence for a year and like a $5K fine. Next time no licence ever. I bet that would make even the idiots sit up and take notice.
Who would be a cop. 12/14 year olds giving you a gob full and you cannot touch them and if convicted get a slap on the wrist. What about schoolies week?? Never had it in my day and to me just an excuse to go and get drunk/ trash other peoples property and behave like idiots.When I left high school all I wanted to do was find a job over Xmas.and see what my grades were so I could decide what I was going to do with the rest of my life.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I think the world has become too politically correct. In the wrong places at least. Law is weakening, and people are getting away with everything...

I never went on schoolies either. Thats more because my friends and I are just too disorganised. :)

Ive had a friend that was whacked out of weed and speed for about 2 years. He ended up driving his parents car into a curb at 90km/h and snapped the suspension arm. He was drunk and was too young to drive/drink. Hes now stuck in a phyc. ward and sounds like hes permenantly ruined his brain.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
My brother in law is working security for schoolies here on the Gold Coast. Last week wasn't too bad, this week he's been set upon by an Aboriginal weilding a broken beer bottle, and 7 Lebanese guys tried to take him down, I wonder if he thinks it's worth the risk just to hold down a job? Oh, and he became a daddy again (baby girl) last Thursday.

Back