Civil Unrest on the MSC

Hi guys,
I may not post lots but I do still read the posts on this forum a fair bit.

Is it just me or is there an increasing amount of unfriendly behaviour going on lately? The MSC has always been a very friendly place where all people are welcomed and treated with respect, I wouldn't want to see it go the way of other forums where people can face verbal abuse for voicing their opinion.

I do realise that some people are friends away from the forum also and therefore are more 'colloquial' with each other, but maybe this should be tamed a bit also because its not always clear to others who may just see that as acceptable behaviour on this forum.

I'm putting it out there to get other's thoughts on it... if my view is not that of the general forum then I will say no more :)

Ed

i got ears to,,,,,,,you know i hear things too, you hear? :)

free new hearing aid with 3rd purchase,,,,,new stuff daily

Like me and Chris is a pretty good example :p

1. I think the majority of it just appears to be hostile and isn't meant in that way at all. Or its clearly said as a joke but the recipient doesn't see it that way and responds badly. No one truly means anything bad by what they say (at least I don't think they do) and maybe need to be careful how their posts are worded (myself included)

2. The Facebook page despite being officially unrelated to this forum still bares the same name and when people see, what has been disgusting behaviour on there recently, think its acceptable over here on the forum. Now more mods are in place to curb that behaviour I think it will stop drifting over here

Last edited:
Like me and Chris is a pretty good example :p

1. I think the majority of it just appears to be hostile and isn't meant in that way at all. Or its clearly said as a joke but the recipient doesn't see it that way and responds badly. No one truly means anything bad by what they say (at least I don't think they do) and maybe need to be careful how their posts are worded (myself included)

2. The Facebook page despite being officially unrelated to this forum still bares the same name and when people see, what has been disgusting behaviour on there recently, think its acceptable over here on the forum. Now more mods are in place to curb that behaviour I think it will stop drifting over here

Thanks for your input Andy :)

Yeah, its so hard to recreate subtle meaning via text eh... (many an argument with past girlfriends as a result!!)

I dont have facebook so dont really know whats going on there but yeah, maybe its that drifting over here eh... as you say, hopefully more moderation will help there.

Politeness is free. It also demonstrates an ability to make sure the brain is engaged before putting the mouth/pen/keyboard into action.
A lot of forums I use allow a limited amount of banter, especially between some regular users. But when it degrades into abuse the moderators step in and close the thread, in extreme case even ban the offending parties.
Mostly the forums work very well, but as we learned at school, there are always some who spoil things for everyone.

Roger.

The facebook group was a mess. But hopefully now H701 and Shamalam are moderators on the group it should be a lot better.
You're never going to get a completely hate free community, this is the internet. Anonymity means that people can get away with too much.

The facebook group was a mess. But hopefully now H701 and Shamalam are moderators on the group it should be a lot better.
You're never going to get a completely hate free community, this is the internet. Anonymity means that people can get away with too much.
Still not rejoining.

in the days of civil unrest the Shogan called out his favourite assasin........the decapitator.
The decapitator was so good at his work that the shogan began to fear him.their was only one thing left to do when time were running out........
this.....

Big tune R-reg, no doubt about that, sometime you have to choose the sword.

But i think maybe just a little more thought before writing from everyone will do it this time ;)

Hi guys,
I may not post lots but I do still read the posts on this forum a fair bit.

Is it just me or is there an increasing amount of unfriendly behaviour going on lately? The MSC has always been a very friendly place where all people are welcomed and treated with respect, I wouldn't want to see it go the way of other forums where people can face verbal abuse for voicing their opinion.

I do realise that some people are friends away from the forum also and therefore are more 'colloquial' with each other, but maybe this should be tamed a bit also because its not always clear to others who may just see that as acceptable behaviour on this forum.

I'm putting it out there to get other's thoughts on it... if my view is not that of the general forum then I will say no more :)

Ed
As far as I have seen on the MSC we have the usual new joiners and then people settle and there is no issues.

I really don't think there is much of an issue, I think the most threatening talk I have seen is me and the two Andys having a play.

'colloquial' indeed. We all contribute, we all must be careful sometimes.

This subject seems to come up once a year, everything settles.

I will put my hands up, I am not backwards at coming forwards, most know my intentions are always innocent, but some times you just say what you think as best you can.

People meet me and then realise I really mean no ill upon people, far from infact.

No one is always right or doing the socially acceptable thing all the time, but we all need to be responsible for what we say and how we approach a situation.

People also need to voice up when they think something isnt right, we all need to be told sometimes.

In fact I have just seen a comment where I could have offended someone myself without even knowing it.

Shall I just die now lol. Send me in to the sea in my burning micra boat. Like a true Viking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

@r-reg-sr na man, Dyslexic doing 10'thou word dissertation, @Noddie urs coming along?
Currently on 11.5k but heading for 14-15 if I'm not careful.. Its killing me, can't wait to have fun playing with my cars this summer, gonna do some ghetto modding to get all these equations out of my head :D would be good to meet up when the dust has settled :)

in the days of civil unrest the Shogan called out his favourite assasin........the decapitator.
The decapitator was so good at his work that the shogan began to fear him.their was only one thing left to do when time were running out........
this.....

...a Mitsubishi Shogun?

Please god no!!!!

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Back