Buy and Sell rules for the MSC

mike

I love Ed!!!!
This was posted quite a while ago by Kev, i just bringing back into view

This is for the attention of all members.

There will be some on going changes made to the MSC forums in the next few days and weeks.

The current changes are outlined below and will be updated as the changes happen:

1. BUY AND SELL FORUM ( 29/09/06)

As from the 29/09/06 only Official members will be able to sell through the Buy and Sell Forum.

Non Members will still be able to reply to threads in the Buy and Sell forum and still purchase any items that are for sale, however if you wish to sell through the MSC, membership is available from as little as £10 per year.

Any current for sale ad's made by non members before this date will stand.

From the 19/09/06 Any posts made by Registered Users anywhere on the forum advertising items for sale through the forum or a link to ebay will be removed.

It has been implemented for the following reasons...

1. In the event of any trade dispute it gives me the option of being able to contact the seller as I have all the information on file. We have left the option open for non members to still be able to purchase items as in most cases if there was to be any dispute it would be after the goods where purchased (paid for) and received.

It would be very unlikely that the seller would file a trade dispute after the goods where purchased and paid for and by making this change still allows non members the option to purchase through the club.

2. It has been introduced to stop any members paying for something and not receiving the goods. A member could join up and an offer a desirable item straight away, receive payment and then disappear with no or little trace.

3. The forums have become a lot more active now and we feel it isn't much to ask for people to contribute towards to the club if they wish to sell there items through the MSC, with nearly 1,300 members registered this is the best micra resource to sell through in the UK. If you where to sell through ebay you would have listings costs and final valuation fee's, so a small contribution to the club would more then cover those costs.

4. Official Members have commented on that they thought it a good option to improve an already strong club membership package and safegaurd the seller.

Back