Future of the MSC - K12

CocoPops

Ex. Club Member
Just a few observations about MSC....

I understand the history with the K10 and K11, but surely the club should be embracing the K12, particularly with the 160SR and other "Sport" models coming along now.

It is a great sign that even tho the 160SR has only been around for a few weeks, we already have 3 or 4 members with them.

A sign of sticking with the past is the member card for example where the current "winner" is the card with only a K10 and K11 on it.

I'm also guessing that the increasing amount of posts in the K12 discussion forum will go as a sign of the increased interest in the new bubbles :)

Just an observation, thats all.

Feel free to flame (or agree).

Cheers,

Lee.

i know what you mean mate... i was round at RIK's the other day lokking at his 160SR...

and was the first one i had seen that i actually said i'd like one...

but i dont like looks much of older K12, subtle differences i know but the 160SR interior and facelift bumpers make it more desireable...

when more k12's are sold and more members join i think you'll see a rise in k12 forum activity...

but for me k11 all the way...

the future is rear engine 2.0litre primera engined, then a porsche killing 350z enginged micra in the same fashion, renault have one, soon to be replaced by the supersport225.

zeon

i'd rather let the aa tow my micra home an drive someone else's corsa home. zeon

a renault 172 or 182sport would be a better buy than the nissan 160sr, this would also have more power and superoir handling abilitie's. zeon. but it' your money.

I think some where down the K12's life line we will see a stupidly fast version of the K12 for sale. Possibly some time in 2007.

zeon said:
a renault 172 or 182sport would be a better buy than the nissan 160sr, this would also have more power and superoir handling abilitie's. zeon. but it' your money.

how much are 172-182's?? the 160sr is 10k on 55plate and is only insurance group 6,,,so how can it be a better buy? obv it has more power its 60-70bhp more

can u find a better buy than the 160sr with same spec please!!!!!

Zeon/Rik.

This wasn't really about alternative cars to the 160, it's about the K12 being part of the future MSC.

CocoPops said:
Zeon/Rik.

This wasn't really about alternative cars to the 160, it's about the K12 being part of the future MSC.

i know!! why compare 2 totally different cars

its like comparin a starlet turbo to a k11 super s,,,,nobber

why use a nissan micra forum if you like 172's and 182's, if there so good then go to a forum about them and leave us to our micra's

This topic should be re-named. K12 the futyre doesnt sound like anything to do with the msc,.

The k12 will never be as popular as the k10 or k11, yes it is a new breed, but it will never have such an input on the club as the other models are.

SR_Micra_Boy said:
but it will never have such an input on the club as the other models are.

Quite a harsh/final statement don't you think?

So are you saying that K12's aren't welcome?
Or that K12's shouldn't have as much right to be included?

Surely a Micra is a Micra regardless of it's model/age?

And when you say "popular", what are you comparing? Numbers sold? Or just members with cars?

I must admit I was in two minds whether to join or not.... The impression that is over riding on this site is that K10/K11 rules and K12s are only allowed here because of the micra name and no other reason.

Hows that harsh, wot did i say that was even close to being harsh? Where did I say k12's werent welcome, or that they shudnt be included? Are u reading this thread properly?

The k12 will never be as tuned as the k10 and k11's are, yes the 350z k12 is there, but thats it really, yes more members have k10's and k11's, and there are probable more of each sold today across the world.

k12's will always be a micra, but not a true nissan, its a renault/micra hybrid and that has been noticed in the design/build quality of the car on more than one occasion. My sister has one, and Ive been in it a few times, if I was stupid enuff I would buy one brand new and try and move the k12 scene on, but to be honest I can have much better cars for the money, but that isnt what this thread is about.

If you ask me its you who has an issue with this club, not us having an issue with the k12.

A sign of sticking with the past is the member card for example where the current "winner" is the card with only a K10 and K11 on it.

Did u even read that thread, are u aware why those 2 cars were picked, did you read the bit where it said once the winner is picked the card may be requsted to be altered?

SR_Micra_Boy said:
if I was stupid enuff I would buy one brand new

Comments like that don't help!
You are implying that I am (and many other people are) stupid for purchasing a K12. To me it's just another new car. I paid £8600 for my 160SR, which for a car with a list price of £11000 is pretty smart imho, I can run it for a year then sell it on without loosing too much money.

SR_Micra_Boy said:
If you ask me its you who has an issue with this club, not us having an issue with the k12.

Not at all, just an observation as a new member that things do seem to be very much geared to K10/K11 and the past rather than welcoming all members regardless of the car they drive.

fwn ??????

You are implying that I am (and many other people are) stupid for purchasing a K12

No.........

I said
if I was stupid enuff

Which means, me, I, myself.....

I would never buy another car brand new as I have learnt from that lesson, plus my next car is a skyline gtst, so yes, I would be stupid to buy a k12.

Yes you paid £8600 for a micra, wuppy doo, most people can buy high performance jap cars for that money, and still have some left over to tune it and insure it. I cud even buy a k11 for less than 3k, and still have another 5k plus to tune it.

The k10 and K11 have been around a long time, the K12 just needs a bit more chance for some attention. The SR will help them with sales im sure, and increase the image of the micra! They're popular in japan with the March Cup, so the tuning side to them is around, just hard to get hold of! If the March cup was broadcast on normal TV, then you'd see sales of normal micras shoot up!

The only reason i think they're not as popular yet is the shape, and the technical problems renault has thrown in - but give them time

not many will go from a k11 to a k12 because they like them so much,,i wouldnt have bought my k12 if i didnt have the problems i had with my k11!! i wnted to keep that car until i could afford ins on a car worth buying,,,but sh*it happens,,, its not a bad car at all ,yeah it may look crap standard,but so does the k11 and k10!! slight mods and ther mint...i didnt like the k12 either before i owned one :)

give it a chance

TBH the K12 HAS To get attention of the club. If there is no new life or cars to the MSC, the MSC is certain to fail.

SR_Micra_Boy said:
Yes you paid £8600 for a micra, wuppy doo, most people can buy high performance jap cars for that money, and still have some left over to tune it and insure it. I cud even buy a k11 for less than 3k, and still have another 5k plus to tune it.

I see where Cocopops is coming from. Your statements about the K12 just come across as negative, the one quoted above especially.

Interesting thread, hope it doesn't turn into a flame war. I have driven several K12's (not 160's however) and I find them ok but a bit boring. I think it would be good if K12's got a bit more attention in the club.

i dont really like the look of the K12s and hear they arnt quite as reliable as the K11s, but im sure if i was to own one then i would like it as much as my K11 (which is ALOT), as before i had that, i thought that nissan micras where stupid looking and slow... i have learnt alot!!.

i think once more people buy k12s and people who currently own k12s find this site, there will be more activity with them.

i know im quoting pretty much what people on this thread have already said but i fort id voice my opinion anyway :p

Thanks Ed, Andrew, Rusty etc.

Thats more the kind of feedback I was hoping for instead of the incessant flaming.

tbh i think the reason there isnt many k12 owners in the club is that not many people own then as there kinda new out so in comparison to the k10 and k11 there aint a lot about and not a lot of info about them just as im guessing the k11 was when it came out, personally i dont like k12`s but thats my opinion and i wouldent exclude people that have one or like them, how many k12`s turned up for jae? none, imo because there are lots of k10/k11`s with micra.org stickers and not a lot of k12`s so people may think its a site for just those, as for the member card it did say that the winning one may be tweeked before printing,

just my views chie

mine will be at the shows next year,,:)

hould start seeing ALOT more interest now in the k12 department ,since the 160sr has got into the club the k12 forum is getting busier,,and can only get better

ps,,i need stickers!!!!

i think the reason there hasnt been much activity in k12 section up until now is because they were often overlooked by people when only available in 1.0, 1.2 and 1.4 engines (i know there are other engines including diesels etc.) i think younger people, which from what i can gather is the main base of the club, looked elsewhere at other cars that were a bit quicker. i think with the change in styling of the sr along with the bigger engine and the writeups it got from magazines comparing it to c2's and minis etc in terms of performance has brought peoples attention to it.
one of the biggest critism's i have heard about the k12 is the look of it, but with the facelift and the 16's of the sr it has been given a lot more sporty look and now people are willing to compromise on looks because it has the performance to go with it wheras before maybe people were not willing to compromise on the appearance of the k12 because they thought it did not have such good performance to go with it.

just my 2p worth, and sorry about the longwinded reply, its gettin a bit late! :)

I wish I'd never made that card! I can't believe how worked up every1 is getting, its just a card, JUST a card, if you don't like don't vote for it! On the voting thread I've posted some alterations and people are still crying about it!

I will post more on this later, too busy at the moment.

However the future of the MSC and the K12 is all dependant on how many member intakes we have as official members and that will show the K12 at events and what extent they are modified to.

In time the K12 section will be expanded and I'm certainly not for excluding them from the club, nor do I think the current club members feel anything against them.

I'll post back later

Kev :)

Curdy said:
I wish I'd never made that card! I can't believe how worked up every1 is getting, its just a card, JUST a card, if you don't like don't vote for it! On the voting thread I've posted some alterations and people are still crying about it!

Its not about the card!

That was just an example.

K10, K11 and K12, are ALL Micra's, they all have the same cute/geeky/granny appeal. A big reason why the K12 section may not be too active is because of the age of K12. Look how old the K10 and K11 are.... cheap motoring for young people or people on a budget and then those of us who like to make our granny cars quick. I test drove the 160SR, very nice car. I can really see more people buying the K12 now. I personnally think the 160SR is excellent value for money, looks very nice in standard form, its quick, handling is nice, interior is pretty lush and its loaded with equipment. BUT like many others i didnt really like the K12 before this version. But now its out theres alot of potential for new Micra's

Back