Cheap DIY arch roller

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
With all this chat about arch rolling and from what I've seen of arch rollers I think someone on here may be able to build one. Frank, you're just the man for the job.

I was thinking a steel wheel with a scaffold pole hinged on the bottom with a scissor jack welded to the top of the wheel and some sort of nylon roller on the top of the pole. You could then wind the jack in and out to get the roll right.

I can draw a really lowtech 'paint' drawing to show what I mean but I warn you, it'll look like a 5 year old did it.

Attachments

• quality plans..png
    quality plans..png
    5.5 KB · Views: 2,343
That seems quite a neat idea Olly. Theres quite a few diy designs arounr the interweb. One nice one I saw used a vw scissor jack to make an arm simmilar to those that can be bought.

There are other ways of course. Any excuse to post this.......

[video=youtube;DDTK9IjKIYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTK9IjKIYU[/video]

ghetto arch rolling FTW shaun (scaff pole between the wheel and arch, then get some fat mates in the boot and drive the car back and forth) :grinning:

does ftw mean for the win? allways seen it on your posts frank didnt know what you meant.

That s14 looked epic sat so low on them 3 spokes! As for the arch rolling, ive use a scaffold tube to roll the arches on every single car ive owned lol

S73F1572.jpg

Doing the viva

Y09.jpg

Doing the micra, but it didnt work so well with it being stock height still, so re did it when It was lower.

Back