Arch roller

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Want to borrow arch roller if any one has one, or if anyone is thinking of needing this would they Want to go halves in renting one of the cost of £60 from eBay for 3 day rental, the more the merrier???!

Could have a day of arch rolling , if 6 people were interested you could get your arches rolled with professional equipment at the cost of only a tenner!! Need to be in and around croydon/ London area or be willing to travel?

Please put name down if interested

Would be sometime in new year

I'm desperate as it sounds like death warmed up driving mine with the offset of my wheels!!

Cheers :p

Ha ha been there, done that didn't work :( it just lifts the car!:(

Need a proper job this time

Heat and gun an hammer work well for just an arch roll but I need some flare on the rear, must be someone who needs it in the near future? Cheers for the reply mate

I am up for it will pay full share, but i want just the rears as my fronts are knackered with rust.
Ask McK i know he needs it bad too :laugh:
A tenner is pennies for getting rid of that awful sound. Croydon Is very close too! (Y)

So allow me to list it up GeeZeR!

1. Martboy21
2. Shaun

Im up for it, but Im kinda busy with my job so I would need to know in advance to make sure I got day off.

1. Martboy21
2. Shaun
3. mckenziecz

Ahhhh excellent ( twiddles fingers)

There be some dates we can choose between in January and on a weekend, thought mck would need it doing at some point and you will if your going lower Shaun

Awesome, so thats 20 quid each so far, please remember this is a 3 day rental so could do both days and if you can't make the Saturday for instance there's always the Sunday ? Good excuse for a mini meet too

Unfortunately my cars disabled to lack of insurance at the mo so would have to be at my house but have plenty of space and will provide tea and biscuits (yeah I know in kind !! Ha ha)

Seriously though, mr Bognor, you can't refuse this, professional arch rolling at credit crunch prices!!

Oh and happy Xmas eve everyone :)

Sounds good! as long as you have sugar for that tea i'm there!
McK has weird days off! grr always different.
as for me i do nights so whenever!
also how quick do you get it as it's rental and from eBay?

Aye Shaun this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arch-Roller-W...CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb20056ff#ht_1018wt_922

Only thing is my heat gun is only hairdryer hot after lending it to bro in law :( so would be helpful if someone had one to hand?

I could just do this for myself but realised other people need it aswell and plus we could save ourselves some money for a proper job,

I could just hammer the arch lip up but need more, need an actual flair :) so this is the only way to go

It says 3 day rental so does that include weekends? If that's the case I'll order it say wed/thurs and return it Monday? I could get mine done over the week nights and leave it free for you guys at the weekend?

Just a thought....

Come on mark , you arch whore :)

You know you want them 8's under the rear :eek:

Might well be interested mate, but I would request coffee instead, if you can accommodate then let me know the date and Il see if I can make it. Oh, and I will also require sugar.

Yeah make that a coffee if you have it :D
i think 3 days includes weekends as most people do their car work on weekends.
Just let me know a date!
Ed you gonna update this list then? :blues:

Well the way I see it is they send it to you, in a wooden box with a return sticker and postage paid for included, if I order it Wednesday the courier won't pick it up till next available working day which is Monday? They won't pay for a courier on a Sunday??

Ed of course your welcome mate, we will all agree a date after Xmas when everythings back to normal, I'm sure one of the weekends in January we can all make it :)

Space for two more? 15 each so far!! Check the prices on www.archenemy.co.uk this is a steal :)

I'll get some nescafe, I even have the power of 110volt of my van with compressor and electric so have a kettle on the go constantly :) I even have a electric 2 plate cooker (new from work) for bacon if Anyones interested? Ha ha

Any chance this little contraption would be able to pull the front arches out a bit too to bring them in line with the rears?

Any chance this little contraption would be able to pull the front arches out a bit too to bring them in line with the rears?

personally i think it will only work on the rears, and it will only stretch the doorgap on the fronts

We could always try mine first, as mine are rusted to f*** so if anything happens to mine i won't mind :p

This is with the front arch lip rolled back out and outwards with filler I guess to neaten, could work ed?:)

07a69a86.jpg

Johnzoku's car has had more work on the arches than reversing the lip and smoothing it in. There's fresh metal let in at the front.

I would like to come and play, if its not a week day.

1. Martboy21
2. Shaun
3. mckenziecz
4. Ed
5. markbognor

Well those like mark and Karl and ed if you want to come later on in the day feel free, well go in order of the list to save arguments, I reckon 15 mins per front corner if just a simple roll and maybe small flare, bit longer on rear as it's got two skins and would require more time and heat

You will each be doing your own so if you mess it up down go blaming me :(

I'll have mine done hopefully as a starting point before you turn up and can explain how to use it best (unless you know otherwise)

I have to give a deposit through paypal to the seller on eBay. If it's broken I lose it so please be careful

Anyway enough of my moaning:)

Hope all has has a good Xmas and feels like a stuffed turkey:) cheers

Me and McK will turn up in true convoy style so he can help me do mine! :p
i also have a heat gun to hand all be it temperamental lol

why am i not on the list? humm i said im deffo in

1. Martboy21
2. Shaun
3. mckenziecz
4. Ed
5. markbognor
6. karl
7. will930

also did say a while back too lol

just hope theres enough time for all to get finished, whos having flared arches, and whos having just the lip rolled and tucked?

i deffo need it, mckenziecz deffo needs it, mark deffo(i think if hes fitting those bad boy 8's?:p)

the rest i cant see needing the flare as your wheels/offset/stance arent good enough ha ha

just kidding, just wanna get a rough guide as well have to have the first one or all of you here early so we can get it done in the day?

postcode is being pm'd to all you lot as with mobile too

dates ive looked at are as follows, nothing is final unless everyone has agreed

Saturdays
8th
15th
22nd
29th

Sundays
9th
16th
23rd
30th

these are all in january i can do anything but the sunday 16th

in Robot Wars voice, "LET THE GAMES BEGIN" :laugh:(Y)

you might need to rig up some sort of restraint method on the back axle guys fwn, because as you increase the pressure on the roller the car will lift up eh :eek:

I think you are forgetting the plans i have for those steelies eh... but i think a normal arch rolling will do me fine. i will adjust things around the arches.
i dont see why it all has to get done on the same day? would be happy to pop up whenever and do mine mate. would be good to meet some other members though... gimme a bell, maybe i could pop up when you are doing your car and do mine with you (got a heat gun somewhere)

you might need to rig up some sort of restraint method on the back axle guys fwn, because as you increase the pressure on the roller the car will lift up eh :eek:

just get everyone sitting in the back:D you might be right though frank. ratchet strap might work somewhere but il have a look under the car to check for options.

just get everyone sitting in the back:D you might be right though frank. ratchet strap might work somewhere but il have a look under the car to check for options.

yours might be ok ed, because your rear shocks are fully extended when the axle is concentric with the arch (ie, you will get equal flaring at the top and the sides, but with stock shocks the roller will flare the sides ok but will lack pressure at the top of the arch)

arr yes, i see. yeah, my back wheels hardly move when you jack the car up.
might be possible to do the to and then the side separately with weight in the back for the top part. It will be worked out somehow

yours might be ok ed, because your rear shocks are fully extended when the axle is concentric with the arch (ie, you will get equal flaring at the top and the sides, but with stock shocks the roller will flare the sides ok but will lack pressure at the top of the arch)

me too, i have same dampers ;)

id be more then happy to do that ed mate, maybe 3 of us one day etc

i didnt plan to have so many but the more there is the less the price i guess, im broke so i figured it would work out best for me and everyone to split the cost?

i definately need a rear flare, front not so important, the more flare the less camber angle i needfwn

what does everyone think? should we do seperate days? or some one else could do this to break numbers? $20 EACH is still really cheap?

tell you what marty as i'm not in desperate need for it i can drop out if needed, i can come down, me and mckenziecz whip my ss spoiler off for him then scoot off

Hey don't judge me wheel suspension setup! i'm planning for the future! (Y)
Also didn't receive no PM :glare:
Can do any date!

Back