DIY or Main Dealer?

Hi All,

First Post, i use the briskoda.net forum for a source of knowledge when it comes to my car but this post is in a bid to help my other half and her car.

She has an 08 plate Micra 1.4 Tekna ( Called Dora ) and the drivers electronic wing mirror is now longer functioning (it won’t move using the adjuster by the steering wheel). I’ve looked at the fuses all seem good so it’s either off to the garage or a DIY job.

How simple would it be to change myself? I’ve got a good set of tools and would probably invest in a Haynes Manual for some reference.

What part numbers do i require? And has anyone on here had a similar problem and fixed it themselves?

If it does go to the garage what can 'she' expect to be paying?

LOL, hope I’m not asking too much, Cheers for any advice / feedback,

James

James, have a look at my website and click on the last full stop on the front page :grinning:.

I would certainly take the door card off and have a look at the wiring, mine just needed pushing back home in to one of the connectors and off we went.
You can get a tutorial on some blokes website called www.micrak12.com :laugh: and on the "interior" link.

(Y) Cheers Guys, That website www.micrak12.com is a fountain of knowledge, i can imagine it being useful for future reference. (Y)

*Vitus992 - Nice one! (Y)

She also has a rattle in the dash but stops when pushing up on the bottom of the radio surround which i think i can solve using the micrak12.com and stereo guide.

Going to tackle both jobs this weekend.

(Y) Cheers Guys, That website www.micrak12.com is a fountain of knowledge, i can imagine it being useful for future reference. (Y)

*Vitus992 - Nice one! (Y)

She also has a rattle in the dash but stops when pushing up on the bottom of the radio surround which i think i can solve using the micrak12.com and stereo guide.

Going to tackle both jobs this weekend.

You should be thanking 6.5x55 - its his website and has helped me do pretty much everything on my car so far.

Aye, That website is pritty useful, chuffed with '6.5x55'.

Was inspired with your suggestion of checking the connections behind the door card.

Back