Chassis numbers and build dates

Sorry if this has been answered before but I've done a search and not found anything.

I'm about to start building an Autograss Class 1 Micra. I've already got one which I bought ready done (and very smoky) for the 2014 season, but it's got a box section cage (not legal in 2015) and is pretty knackered. I've now picked up a 40,000 mile K11 for £150 (salvage auction - needed a new wing which I got from Euro Car Parts for £28).

The problem is that I thought it was pre 2000 but it's a W reg and this is right on the edge of the rule cut off. I think it should be ok because the engine is non-coilpack and still has the dizzy but somebody at racing at the weekend said they changed the diff ratio at around the same time and it might have the newer diff. Basically the rules require the build date to be before 1st Jan 2000. The V5 (when it comes through) will only show the registration date, so I need to know how I can tell the build date from the chassis number.

Anyone got a clue?

afaik

1998-2000 was a big change when the K11 production line was undertaking a progressive facelift operation so during the transition some micras had pre98 features/parts while some had newer post 98 bits mix & matched determined by the engineers & production team.

these arrangements were agreed & fixed within certain dates & order numbers.

each chassis number relates to a certain order# and date, during which a specific arrangement of components were assembled. this can be found in nissan4u.com

the chassis stamped & VIN number determines when this car was all assembled in Sunderland so the best place to ask is prob the manufacturer/dealers parts department database themselves.

Back