CG13 TB questions

I have been looking at turning the CG13 TB round, this obviousely raises some problems, so if anyone can answer my questions then that would be great.

the following pictures show the mechanism that i would like to be able to remove, it seems to be just part of the coolant system, but there is also some kind of moving stopper that changes the resting position of the butterfly very slightly (some kind of extra idle controle??)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CG13 TB.JPG
    CG13 TB.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 277
  • CG13 TB 3.JPG
    CG13 TB 3.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 284
  • CG13 TB 2.JPG
    CG13 TB 2.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 289
its the waxstat/fast idle ed, mine was totally removed (i did,nt want the t/b waterheating circuit)
it means i have to toe-n-heal for the first 1/2 a mile in cold weather tho :) (because the idle control valve has,nt got enough spread for a very cold engine)

its meant as a backup for fast idle control incase the IAV fails but they usually just seize.
mines removed cos my IAV works fine (opens fully when cold or under any load, then closes fully when engines warm and no load) and i bypassed the coolant to keep the TB cool.

Same here, although the coolant line proved to be a useful thing to have come emissions time at the MOT. Fitting the coolant lines back into the TB made passing emissions much easier for me.

ok good:)
removing it means i can re-locate the trottle cable bracket which would otherwise fowl on the baulkhead(Y)
Il have a propper look see if its possible tonight afterwork.
if it does work it means people can fairly easily (need a cga3 inlet mani) run much bigger injectors without fitting the cga3 TB and having to mess about soldering new plugs into their loom. (im not even sure that the cg13 ECU will run with the cga3 TB??)

well, after much grinding, and sawing, and drilling i have decided that the cg13de TB will not fit the cga3 manifold. i mean it would, but not without completely cutting off the IACV and drilling lots of new holes, (both in mani and TB) and then it would be a bit of a bodge really. its just not worth it imo. the only way i can see is to get an adaptor plate made up, and then you would have to change the position of the trottle cable bracket and loose the fast idle magubins.

anyway, time to get myself a cga3 TB and hope i can get somewhere with that. shame but there you are.

i think the coilpack 1.0 t/b,s are the same as cga3 ed (more plentiful eh)
or else a flat plate and a 90deg rotate ? :grinning:

yeah, i didnt even really consider a 90deg rotate, maybe not a bad idea(Y) need to get my hands on some thick plate...
il give that bloke a call tom and see what he wants for the cga3 TB aswell.

il give that bloke a call tom and see what he wants for the cga3 TB aswell.

i was there today ed getting some more mani,s, the cga3 t/b is gone (the rest of the engine is still there) but they,ve plenty of coilpack 1.0 t/b,s tho :grinning:

Back