CG10 Turbo conversation QUESTION???

Hello I'm new in this forum. My name is Radoslav from Bulgaria. 1st sorry for my english it's not very good. I own a K11 1.0 1993 and my question is:
Can i put a turbo on it without any conversation. I can buy a Garrett T2 but in local Turbo Service the mechanic-guy told me "this is impossible" because the turbo will blow the head and the headgasket.
My idea is to cut the original headers over the catal. and there I'm going to put the T2 with custom exhaust and Polo II intercooler. I'll set up the turbo on low boost pressure and I think it will be all right.
I want to know what pressure will be enough to reach a good performace with health for the engine

Thanks and cheers:laugh:

hi nakamichi

i would say 2 - 3 psi with stock compression ratio, which according to an ausie post gives a 20% increase in power

Your English is fine.

How are you going to control your fuelling? You will need some kind of engine management installed and set up

Reckon you could run about 7 psi on stock internals, with engine management correctly set up

Look I can have this T2 bonus. My idea is to drive it with turbo to the moment of full engine-blow. And I'll swap a SR20 from 100NX.
Thats all. I love this car and i don't want to sell it. The odo displays 370 000km but the engine is in best condition. If i can get ~90bhp from this CG10 I'll be verry happy for my sweetest car :)

nakamichi

go for it !
my mot tester man did the same, a few weeks of fun, then bang !
he did,nt care tho, he had spare engines

Thanks for advices boys. Here in Bulgaria everyone knows everything and I can't take advice from nobody.
Да сте живи и здрави (god bless you):blush:

fueling could be controlled by an apexi fuel controller £200 new...and you could lower the compresion with 1.3 micra pistons....but thats a budget way of turboing.

0.5-0.6 bar i think is a healthy pressure for no mod engine???
What do you think. I'm not a street racer. I drive safety for me, for others and for car.

I guess so. My experience with Turbos is my RS Turbo, running at 1 bar.

Think the K11 engine will be fine with 0.5 bar off of a Garrett T2

Maybe even the T15 might suit the K11 engine for a low boost, modification.

Cou could fit the 1.3 gearbox, drive shafts, clutch, flywheel, but I reckon you should be ok on the CG10 box for 100 BHP.

The 1.3 Box can cope with a max of around 180 BHP

Reckon the T15 would be a good choice though:

"The T15's application range is targeted for 1.3 to 1.6 litre (60-80 bhp) diesel engines and 1.0 to 1.4 litre (85-120 bhp) gasoline engines. "

The lighter the wheels, the easier it is for the gearbox to turn them.

My mate went through 6 gearboxes in 9 months on his RS Turbo due to too big wheels.

I've been on holiday to Bulgaria - I'd recommend it.

Anyway stock engine will take half a bar no problem if set up right.

Ed

Back