Question(fueling for turbo)

fairly random question but are piggy backs really needed for turboing?

my idea is simple,using standard cg13 engine with standard internals

and standard throttle body

would using a 1.6ecu and 1.6 injectors provide enough fueling for a small turbo, probably running around 140/150bhp tops? maybe even less

yes i'm aware of my sillyness

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
a standard 1.3 ecu will do with an emanage or something similar, then an adjustable fuel pressure regulator will be fine for a low boost setup

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
the adjustable fuel regulators work relative to boost pressure so as the boost increases the fuel pressure will increase, this will mechanically aid the increased fuel requirements and following that you would use an emanage to electronically fine tune the fueling system.

emanage £450 fitted
adj fuel reg £100

Ian

Ex. Club Member
hughes_16v said:
fairly random question but are piggy backs really needed for turboing?

my idea is simple,using standard cg13 engine with standard internals

and standard throttle body

would using a 1.6ecu and 1.6 injectors provide enough fueling for a small turbo, probably running around 140/150bhp tops? maybe even less

yes i'm aware of my sillyness

no, it HAS to be mapped, especially with forced induction as the timing must be adjusted. Plus the fueling would be way off.

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
micra_pete said:
what makes you think a 1.6 ecu and injectors would provide better fueling?

i'm guessing he thinks with the bigger injectors = more fuel can be supplied, then the ecu to try control them. thats the only thing i can think he means

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I can see why Hugh thinks this. But as others have said its not that simple, since a mildly tuned CG13 makes as much power as a stock GA16 anyway. The fuel pressure regulator in the CG13 is already a boost relative one (that is its relative to the inlet manfold pressure) It usually works in a vacume - but it will also work with boost. Its not a rising rate one like say a FSE FPR, but if the injectors are large enough it will do the job. In any case to try to attempt this with standard components imposes major limitations and simply is not worth it. You can cut back on other things if you really have to and bodge (!!) turbos on to standard manifolds, but you should not bodge the fuel and ignition!

theres some Emanage basic units on ebay

are the basic units the ones i would need or is there more needed then just basic lol

and yes ed, they are my forts, and i like to bodge, as in a cut, weld and attach turbo in standard manifold lol