Turbo confusion

Hey all

So I'm trying to plan everything for the micra. I've searched this forum and many others. Can someone advise me on a turbo please?? Should I go hybrid???

I've read about t2, t25 and a gt25 (I think)

Is this the way to go??? Basicly I'm aiming for 120-150 bhp for now. Cost isn't an issue as my boss can get me Garrett at trade price.

Also ecu. Again I'm new to tuning in general. Any plug and play available??

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Well the mainfold you could get yourself one custom, get exhaust and turbo flange and weld it yourself (if your handy) ir get someone to weld it for you.
You'll probably need a wideband o2 sensor, and a nistune type 4 to remap your ecu. Lowering your c/r with thicker head gasket, or shorter piston (don't know any) or dremel your head around the valves xD. Retarding ignition is also advised, I know there is a rule of thumb, just search.
Then its just a matter of piping, intercooler, bigger injectors, a custom downpipe, bleed valve (is'nt really needed for low pressures), problably nismo engine mounts (or go with the manly polyurethane xD) and you're good to go!

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk

Every turbo will fit, the question is if it spools up

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk
Ok. So far so good. But how would I know what turbo spools up??

Ok. Let's say a td04. What's needed for it?? Do I need specific Injectors? I understand I'd need the correct manifold.

How would I identify which cams I'd need??

How would I know what size exhaust system I need??

Basicly I need a general rule of thumb to go by but there's nothing I can see out there

What kind of engine do you have? The 1.0? Or the 1.3? I wouldnt go to big on the turbo because it will be laggy. Ill go for something like on of the twin turbo RB26DETT turbo's.

you need larger injectors or a 5th one. You need something to change the fueling like nistune. Ofcourse a manifold to mount the turbo. You also want a intercooler and a larger exhaust (2.5 or 3") and need a downpipe from the turbo to the exhaust. You can use the stock cams.

It's a 1.3

Can I use nistune on a stock ecu?? Or can you recommended one??

I'll check that turbo out. Also probably will go for larger injectors.

Cheers. Also anything else I should know?? Like mild steel or steel exhausts??

Nistune is fine. Alot of members use it. If you go with nistune you can use bigger injectors and tune it accordingly. You can also swap to a 1.4 (cga3de) fuelrail for a bigger injector choice because they are top fed instead of side feed.

Also get something to control the boost because you dont want to run high boost levels on a stock engine. Something like 6 to 8 PSI should be reasonably safe with a ic. With some turbo's you can adjust the actuatorrod to control the wastegate pressure and then you can tune it back to a safe level.

Ok I'll keep an eye out. Would the 1.4 rail be attached to a car with bigger injectors anyway? I could use that right??

And that psi is fine. In the future I'm looking for some forged pistons. But even then I wouldn't push 20psi

Nice one mate

The injectors of a 1.4 arent suitable. They are around the same cc as the 1.3 ones. I think that you can use the sr20det ones with a 1.4 fuel rail. But im not sure since ive never tried it. (yet) Frank prolly knows.

Back