Carbs?

U see a sr20de turbod is good at high speed like 50mph plus but below it's just wheel spin.

Andy... Finish the sr20 build buddy. Wheel spin issues are lack of LSD and decent tyres. Sort it otherwise I will find you and beat you until you buy spring mods

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Swear filter evasion is not big or clever. From now on I will type properly like a good little boy :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno not fitted yet. They are adjustable dampeners and yes harder springs to support engine weight. Think 300IB springs

I can't imagine it will help put power down tonnes by changig

+1 the problem is that big throttlebody,s act like an on/off switch when boosted, you only need to open it a smidge because the air is being forced through it under pressure.
it makes it very hard to pull away without breaking traction, you just need an electronic boost controller andy (like the glanza, with only half boost avaliable in 1st gear)

See I don't have a problem with carbs... Americans still use them to produce over 1000hp only a daily basis. Yes that's higher capacity v8s and in micra you won't need 1000hp. So if injection and f/I is useless below 50mph because of traction... use carbs and actually have useable power

Everyone is stuck with injection plus forced induction as their only route. If you wanna go carbs do it.. peak power isn't everything though unfortunately having a high hp seems to be more important than how the actual car works as a whole. I'd say it'd be an awesome project and best of all.. different

Last edited:
Carbs are simple, and americans are simple. Some cars it wouldn't be right to inject, like a 67 mustang or something. also, americans aren't so concerned about fuel economy, which is where injection shines. You know I love carbs, and if I had a K10 I'd keep it carbed, but there is no denying the advantages to injection.

I'm not arsed about fuel economy. It's a track car odd weekend car. I have the cabriolet for daily :)

Not modern ones lol. Carbs are very easy to tune, and so make learning the principles of how a car works more friendly. They still need jetting and adjusting on a rolling road just like injection mind.

Aahhh, I've only blown one engine, ma10, but that was throttle cable jamming open and revved till it popped.
Cg13 turbo had been going a few months on carbs, never popped on 10 psi......yes a bit sketchy, but I think it was down to my welded dizzy (which wobbled on idle lol )
So how you like them carb tasting apples ;)

We shall see the company bogg brothers do lots of conversions and said they will rejet the carbs etc for me so it is a case of bolt on an then go. (And the fact the ecu doesn't do much else except nats I can remove it.

We shall see the company bogg brothers do lots of conversions and said they will rejet the carbs etc for me so it is a case of bolt on an then go. (And the fact the ecu doesn't do much else except nats I can remove it.
Yea they've always been good to me with their manifolds

I'd send the carbs over and have them make the manifold and keep it. Then go over for the day and fit it :) they'll rolling road it as part of the service

Ah they are supplying everything I need. Of course I would then take the car upto them to get properly tuned.

If I carbed it and put cams in and my lightened flywheel and paddle clutch I reckon it would be as quick as my turbo version was.

I'm saying ur left foot handles it with control. I dont have this control but I am sure you can learn control.

I use my right foot personally ;)

I know what you mean dude but if you can't use 100% all the time what's the point

Back