Carbs?

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Hi. After some info off the techy guys.

I've been given a price to carb up my sr20 with everything I need to bolt on from boggbros I think they called.

I'm seriously considering it. However how would I use the dizzy to create a spark?

Many thanks

You would need megajolt or similar, you might be able to use the crank position sensor in the dizzy if it has the right number of slots, else you'll need to fit a crank angles sensor and all associated gubbins to the crank pulley

Ask some of the banger racers, i know a few of them convertered old sr20 almeras for banger racing as they all need to be carbed for some reason.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Not as much to go wrong in terms of blowing engine again. Plus power can be put to the road better. Turbo was great but only when in 3rd gear after 50mph.

I bet a carbed and cammed sr20de micra would out perform a sr20det micra on the 1/4 mile.

I had the car 6 months when I blew the engine. In those 6 months I blew a head gasket and then blew the bottom end up. It seems that the almera engine didn't like being turboed. Now I've still got the turbo engine etc and have been thinking about doing a rwd micra in the future. But I wanna get this one done first.

Hi. After some info off the techy guys.

I've been given a price to carb up my sr20 with everything I need to bolt on from boggbros I think they called.

I'm seriously considering it. However how would I use the dizzy to create a spark?

Many thanks

What is the price you were given?

stone-age technology andy, the car is already equipped for injection, carbs would be an expensive downgrade imo

I always thought carbs is a very rough science. Electronic stuff gets the right amount in no more no less. Less waste. Better burn

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Direct injection allows you to tailor the injector spray pattern to give optimal air/fuel consistency throughout the cylinder

Direct injection allows you to tailor the injector spray pattern to give optimal air/fuel consistency throughout the cylinder
aye, DI allows you to draw only air into the cyl, then compress it, then spray the fuel into the compressed air (in multiple bursts for instance) :)

aye, DI allows you to draw only air into the cyl, then compress it, then spray the fuel into the compressed air (in multiple bursts for instance) :)
Better than relying on turbulance in the intake to mix it, can have a smoother, more efficient air flow into cylinder. Brilliant stuff, bit much to do to a CG or SR though (i bet its been done to an sr somewhere though :) )

Better than relying on turbulance in the intake to mix it, can have a smoother, more efficient air flow into cylinder. Brilliant stuff, bit much to do to a CG or SR though (i bet its been done to an sr somewhere though :) )
i think it allows you to run higher compression ratio,s and/or boost (DIG-S k13, 13:1 c/r + s/c) , so that you can avoid DET by injecting the fuel in stages

Why not. I needs the boost in ur life. So why you going to carb of all of a sudden

Maybe I won't carb it. I don't know if I will turbo it either. If i do a smaller turbo would be in order. That t28 turbo was rufless.

I just cant stress enough mapping. doesent matter what route you choose but ghetto boosting just dont work unless you enjoy rebuilding engines.

Dont be a goon. You got an awesome setup don't skip on the last part which will make it amazing

At the moment the Micra is havin a sr20de almera engine fitted. It's fitted with piper cams, a lightened flywheel and a 6 paddle clutch. The turbo is not going on as of yet. It's not in the plans. If I turbo this almera engine I'll have to pull the engine apart and put the pistons in etc from the other engine otherwise regardless of mapping I can't see a high comp engine running a turbo.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Back