Can I put a set of bike carbs on a facelift 2000 Micra........

it depends about if they are COP or distri model, cop needs megaspark or other for ignition system. last option needs only k10 distri and some fuel things.

I just think by the time you have made the manifold sorted out the ignition, jetted and set up the carbs and stuck it on a dyno etc etc. It'll end up costing the same but you'll achieve less power. The sr20 doesn't have a 'massive' throttle body and has no breathing issues. As a project/hobby, then fine, do whatever floats your boat. When you race/rally though you just can't beat the precision of injection and a mapped system for safe reliable power.

i dont understand that hype of sr20de. it has only 143bhp as stock. And only the engine weights 59kg more than cg. Then transmission and shafts, i guess almost 100kg more weight from sr swap, that means in poor micra (no p/s or aircon) like 13% more weight, what makes power/weight chart going as high as ~6,5 kg / hp.
Same power/weight u can achieve 126bhp with cg13de. That is easily done with gxsr600 itb, mega and cam and exhaust, same much money as sr+stuff+custom shafts.

Were digressing now from the original question. The only reason I mentioned the sr20, was in response to the single throttle body size. I wouldn't fit one personally as they're heavy. Thus were back to the upgrading of the standard engine whether it be with carbs or injection.

In an ideal world itb's are the way to go but for a cheap relative easy gain carbs can be bodged to work with minimal effort

Hi. Thanks for the replys I going to bike carbs as I have a budget BUT if anyone has a set of jenvey throttle body's cheat PM me. And if I use a k10 dis for bike carbs do I need to mod it a tall.

Hi frank. Thanks for the reply I was looking at putting a omex on it to do the mapping.how easy is it to mod the dis. Or do you have any other ideas.

you have to make a collar/adapter i believe mate, then convert the drive peg to a slot, but if yours is coilpack ? then just use the crank and cam sensors for the omex

Hi frank. I do have the opportunity to build a coil pack or dis engine which away would you go to get the Max BHP can not use a tubo.

Back