Bye Bye Black K10 Super....

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
..ok, so last night i was driving with a few mates and got to the palm trees restaurant junction on the old A120, mate in front stopped, went to pull away, i looked right as thought he had gone, turned back, and he was still there, so BANG! His car werent that bad, just bent inside the rear, mine is completely messed up! Grill all over the road, bonnet crippled, and radiator pierced.

But on the plus side, the bumper survived (knew it wouldnt let me down), and nobody got seriously hurt! Only the girl in my car got a bruise from the seatbelt.

So been hard at work today on the red micra with the 1.2l conversion and it started up! Amazing! Just need to tweak it and will hopefully be p and running good for santapod next week! Hopefully with something special too :grinning:

unlucky mate, i know what thats like i've done it a few times but luckily glanced forwards in time to stop myself

glad nobody was hurt

i believe that it isnt easily repairable, so im breaking it for whats good and going to get the red oe back o the road.

as for the damage on his car, he was going to use it as a trade-in deposit yesterday for a new kia ceed sport, but that obviously werent an option after the crash, so he had a word and they said they would accept a 300pounds, so i paid out for that so the insurance didnt get involved. So ive basically bought the car off him so i now own a renault clio aswell. But family have taken this over and plan to repair it as damage is not that bad because he was just about to pull off when i hit, thus reducing the fore of impact. I think anyways...

Yes i think my brother took some photos on his phone, ill see if i can get them uploaded!

I did this before in my K11, incidentally also into a clio, you reckon its something about them?

Coming up to a junction, moving very slowly the car in front starts to pull forwards as if to go, i look to see if i can go as well, think "Oh hes cutting that a bit fine... BANG" he'd gone then slammed on! Grrr, luckily only broke the numberplate bulb.

Sorry to hear about this mate the super was a nice car :(

Me and Tasha both did the same as you within a week of each other... I was in my K11 which I fixed using a house brick but her GTi required a bit more work lol.

Photos:

Photo161.jpg

Photo162.jpg

Photo163.jpg

sorry about your car...

it was mint when i sold this, and it had been well looked after since...

looking at the pics.. the car is repairable.... :)

i think you should fix it

Yeah i thought that but ive had the red micra sitting around for nearly a month and i took this as a sign to get my butt in gear and sort it out! Which i have...

sorry to hear this mate glad your ok, BTW thats not the first time that bumpers been in an accident :p went into the back of someone when it was on my white car :p very strong plastic is that :D

Yeah the bumper is straight! It looks bent there because the metal reinforcement bar was still attached and it was bent. Now i have removed the bar and it is fine!

Yeah i think it must be, maybe its just because they are common?!

Back