K10 Super S for sale (Black 60000 miles) £250

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi Guys, I'm selling on behalf of a friend. Here's the description he gave me:

It is a black super s J reg done 60300miles the mot ran out in April but it has done less than 4000 in that year Its had 3 owners. When i took it out it drove fine i don't think it would have any problem passing the mot it has no rust underneath (not even on the rear sill 1st one i've seen like that!) Its had new front brake pads The exhaust is fairly new and 4 good tyres the spare has never been used. The body work is okay there is a dent in the rear bumper and a small dent above door handle on drivers door. The front bumper and passenger side front wheel arch could do with a respray as these have been touched up with a brush! The interior is clean only the normal drivers seat bolster, torn slightly. I would be looking for £250. As you know the body kit, interior and clocks could fetch that alone.

Problem is the gear box is noisy and whines in the lower gears. Anyway i don't have the time to change the gear box so its going up for sale.

My phone number is 07850688054 veiwing the car is no problem i am around this weekend. I'm in Northampton 15 mins from M1 junction 15. As you say the gearbox would be a few hours work but getting one is the problem, Northampton has no decent scrap yards and the ones we do have rip you off. I would like to keep it but i need my garage back for another car i have

Just to recap the car has no Mot or Tax so the car would not be legal to drive away, would need towing or trailering.

2007_0814micra0001.JPG

2007_0814micra0002.JPG

2007_0814micra0003.JPG

2007_0814micra0004.JPG

If your interested, please ring the number above! The bloke's called Doug.

Cheers

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
interesting you may want to tell him he'd get more for stripping it for parts and selling it on here, id pay £100 just for the interior!

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yeah he's aware of that,

I would be looking for £250. As you know the body kit, interior and clocks could fetch that alone.

I think he's just after a quick sale!

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
4 speed has the same ratios as the wide / long ratio 5 speed, which is probably what's fitted to this car. The extra gear will give you much greater economy.

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
have looked and its illegal unless the two front wheels are of the ground. so i'll need to get it back on a tow truckof some sort :S

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
hey, arnold have you seen this car, if so jst wondering what you think on it, im am gonna take it just want a good idea on what works gonna need to be done on it. im in kent, will sort out getting dolly.

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Haven't seen it first hand bud! Always worth checking it out before commiting though! It looks and sounds very good, so you might be able to get it MOT'd no worries. If you book an MOT the same day as you buy it, you'd legally be allowed to drive it from Northampton to Kent for the test. Not sure what the situation is there regarding tax, but it's probably worth the risk lol.

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
yeh will need to find someone more mechanicly enept than me to come look at it with me, will try to have a look next week, the mot is the only problem, he said that it drives good but has only had it three months.

lol well, i'll go and have a look, i have a k10 ls which has been in my family since new! and was garaged for a good 8 years, so i dont want to give up a very healthy engine and end up with somthing faulty. although the bigger engine is tempting.

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
go there in a train... drive it 10 meters down the road... take out the rotor arm.. call the AA.. they wont fix it... they take you home... put rotor arm back in... jobs a goodun!

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
ok now i'm stumped, i dont know if i should get this ss which will need a new gearbox which will come to a total cost of about £500, or buy those nice lookin carbs off arnold and fit then to my ma10, along with super s body kit, baring in mind the ma10 is probably in better condition than the super s engine. so i guess a good question is, which is better, an ma12, or a modded ma10? i think it may be worthwhile sticking with my current motor.

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
even so, i' gonna stck with reliability, my current ma10 is mint, never had a poblem with it, my dad never had a probem with it and he had it for 5 years, this ss may be in fairly good condition but its going to take about £500 to buy it and get it through an MOT. money which i wont have till next month.

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
modded ma10 will always be slower than a ma12

Not necessarily! It depends on what mods you do. The 1.0 may be lower bhp as standard but still has good potential with the right mods, such as a turbo - which you'd fit to the ma10 and not the ma12.

I'm not aware of bike carbs being fitted to an MA10, but i'm sure you wouldnt be dissapointed with the results.