by pass or de cat

S

sput

Hello,
Writing from Lisbon - Portugal ;)
First of all congratulations for this forum, good spirit and lot of info.
I’m a happy new owner of a Micra K11 1.0 16V of 2001 with air-con, my problem is replace the original catalyst for a Janspeed''s sports catalysts. Is there any problem with the lambda? Do I have to do something to complicate to replace the original cat from janspeed's?

thanks (Y)

Sput

should be all good mate,

the lamda sensor checks the emmitions coming out of the engine so it doesn't matter what you do the the exhaust system after that :)

thanks you all, now i'm trying to find a decat, i've tried to contact janspeed but with no answer. I'm from Portugal and i only need a store able to send me a jans decat :(

thank you for your help

Try http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk for the de-cat.
Does your car have coil per plug ignition as opposed to distributor?
Are you replacing the primary cat (in the manifold) or the secondary one below the gearstick? IIRC the later models only have the primary cat so the box in the center section is just a silencer.
If you want to remove the manifold, then you are in for problems.
Craig

Craig said:
Does your car have coil per plug ignition as opposed to distributor?

Yes it does.

Craig said:
Are you replacing the primary cat (in the manifold) or the secondary one below the gearstick?

The "primary" and only cat in the manifold.

Is it possible to make a custom de-cat for the manifold?

thanks

rlees85 said:
your car (like mine) will also have two lamba sensors, de-catting it will bring the engine light on i THINK.

That is correct, unfortunately the removal of the Cat isn't possible without the car turning itself off and the engine light coming on. The way round it is going for a piggy back ecu or a stand alone engine management system or just getting a older k11

Back