Burning Oil

OK, so I serviced my micra 6 months ago when i got it, changed it to a halfords filter, and some Mobil 1 5W30 oil.

This was fine in the colder weather (warmed up nicely) but now its getting hotter, its burning oil.

ive done around 12,000 miles since i got it, and it only seems to burn it most when sitting in traffic.

First and second gear are the biggest culprits.

Today, when i was leaving my girlfriends house to go out, i was sitting in traffic and the Red oil light (i presume to indicate its getting too hot) was on, now, am i right in saying that the thermostat isnt opening?

When i start the car, i can hear a sound of water squelching, and running. its the CG10 DE.

Im doing another service soon with a new air filter, plugs, oil, filter, and a good clean. just wondering whats the matter with it really...

It sounds really unhealthy! The oil light is low pressure (very bad). Can't say I know what the problem is from your description. Maybe a video would help?

Burning oil obviously lowers the oil level which causes the light to come on. The level must be very low and will damage the engine if this is the case

Ok, so yesterday the oil burning got even worse, so I put some engine restore in it, it helped a bit but I think the damage had already been done cause it was lumpy and poor acceleration and down on power and then at 12:30 at midnight (fooksake) it gave up the ghost, I think the piston ring was leaking and it gave out

So I might possibly need a new engine or some repairs

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

to keep you lot updated... my car is in a garage! not some dodgy one neither, finally, a trustworthy garage... (!)

they picked it up from the country road i left it last night and a rather large size 10 dent some clot put in it, those pesky ramblers!

so who knows, they reckon its the Jar valve or something, i havent got an idea, im a pretty good self taught "i have no clue but ill give it a go" home mechanic. and can do basic stuff, but im no Edd China.

not that that clown has any idea on style.

Back