Micra is down :(

CMF_Urban

» CMF Member
Well. Tic tac broke down *sigh*

Lucky my sister and ym mate were in the car. Sister got in and drove as me and my mate pushed her off the road.

Was runnign sweet as gummie drops... stopped for a red light... then after about 10 seconds it stalled... (I had clutch in)

Tried to restart... kicked over... started then clunked out after 2 seconds...

Tried again ocne we had her off the road. Same thing... She'd start up and then die... The longer you left her before trying again, the longer she stay going for (but still died, and never ran good)

NRMA came and he said the fuel is going through the lines... So he said it maybe something wrong with the injectors or throttle body? Because when he squirted fuel straight into it, she started fine and ran until the fuel ran out. Soo...

And when he asked me the start her up and then rev it... Every time i pressed on the accelerator... It seemed as though the engine went worse and wouldn't rev at all...

So she's been towed to the mechanic!

Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

She was fine 1 second, the next she's dead. :(

Cameron.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Its the hotwire sensor in the throttle body...

Thats the only thing it could be besides the distributor if there's fuel in the lines, but I'm 99% sure its the AFM

Sean

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Not sure, when mine started playing up I did a turbo conversion that runs a MAP sensor, not a MAF

Talk to your local auto sparkies and see what they have to say. The only other option if it is the MAF sensor is to get a new or reconditioned throttle body (there's a few on ebay all the time)

Sometimes Nissan might have a spare one in but thats also a fair bit.

Sean

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
I have had what could be the same problem. In my case it was the crank angle sensor within the distributor. You could be having the same problem. An easy way to check is to keep a bottle of water in the car (on standby) for when it cuts out. When it cuts out move out of harms way, pop the bonnet and poor water over the distributor body to cool it down. If after this it will start and run again you have found the culprit. Good luck

Back