Help?? Car Is Engine Broke

D

dazsafc

My Girlfriend has a K11 Nissan Micra M Reg 1.0L . The other Day The Car broke down whilst she was doing a 3 point turn. I called out A breakdown place she was with . But while I was waiting I popped the bonnet open To see if I could sort it. I immediately noticed, where the engine had previously been clean, there was oil on the top of the engine. I pulled out the Leads to the Spark plugs which were all Fine till I got to the 4th one on the right, and there was a spodge and some oil popped out. I looked in the Pot where where i had just taken the plug lead out and noticed oil was almost covering the plug completly. The breakdown guy came out, took out the air filter and just turned the engine for ages before it finally started. There was a bit of a splutter from the oil pan where a bit grey crap spluttered out.
The oil is fine in the engine, ie not mixing with water. No creamy stuff or anything. He said it must have been back pressure caused by a more serious engine problem and that he didnt like the look of the excessive oil on the 4th PLug lead and said it would need to get investigated more at the garage.
Which kind of thought, I dont really want to take to a garage as I have just paid £500 for the car 3 months ago and would not want to go shelling out £250, just for a garage to say your engine is nackered pay us another £250 and we will fix it. Any ideas what it may be. I was told to clean the breather pipes but dont know which are the breather pipes. Theres loads of diddy pipes around the engine. All help Appreciated

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Does it butn much oil?
The breater pipe is on the top-right hand side of the engine. it is a metal pipe that come out of hte head and then arubber hose joins that to the airbox.