dont beleive whats happened :( plz help!

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
i was just removing the bump strips from my car, and the first 3 bits came off fine (its always the last bit that it goes wrong on!)

well whilst taking the last bit off it lifted a LOT of paint...

i heard this happened to somebody else, who was it and how did they get it sorted? :(

thanks

not much you can do other than book it into the bodyshop,,,before rust sets in is ideal

how much would it cost in a bodyshop to get it sorted out?

(btw the primer didnt lift, so rust shouldnt be a problem at least)

oh charming, lol i dont have that much money at the minute, at all :(
i pushed the strips back on (all of them) and just hope they dont fall off when im on the motorway... for now!

Thats why its probably better in future to colour code, rather then pull bits and pieces off the car which arent meant to be removed.

i would also say £100 + because they will either have to buy the paint or mix it, so that isnt going to be cheap

went around a few bodyshops today, one **** tried to rip me off but the others basically said:

£115 for the door, and £160 for the bonnett (i figured i might aswell get this key scratch out my bonnett aswell if im going to get my door done)

does that seem about reasonable?

look in yellow pages for any mobile paint technician that does smart repairs. Prices usually start from £55 or give the company i work for a ring Dents Plus on 02086651106 they are based in surrey but have paint technicians all over the uk and all are mobile and will come and give a free quote. they wont be able to do the bonnet though. hope this is of some help.

ive been advised to get the bonett jus polished out as the scratch isnt as deep as i thought, that'll only set me back a few quid.

thanks for the advice on the smart repairs, very much appreciated and ill give it a go! :D

found a door on ebay, 55 quid delivered, probs aint cheap but its cheaper then getting it sprayed :D but does n/s (near-side) mean passenger side? (yeah i know i should know that by now lol)

Yeah i was speaking to james earlier, tis a shame your so far away lol :(

The door is the same colour as my car, which is china blue

just thought id upload a picture of the damage

would it look really reallly crappy if i just took a spray can to it?

- the little drops are just water btw

Ring Steve at Barwell 01455 842648.

Quote the MSC and myself and I'm sure he'll do you a good price. In fact I'm sure he'll beat your current quotes.

Let me know how you get on

Kev :)

to be honest with a solid colour you might get away with spraying yourself. especially if your skint. otherwise, i reccomend a body shop

Back