• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Blog of the China Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you still having difficulty with the wiring? my neons had 9 wires, 1 was positive and the rest were switched negative, this should help cos you'd normally expect 1 negative and the rest to be switched positive.

It's not that I'm having trouble with, it's mainly mounting, switches and just general space, lol. Should have just left the CTBox as a whole unit, lol.

Stereo looks good might steal that idea from you ;) but i see you have painted over the writing on the buttons lol :D

Yes I have painted over the buttons, but the stereo was secondhand and I'm used to where and what the buttons do, if it was brand new I wouldn't of done it, lol.

Yes it is a Ripspeed exhaust tip and it's permanently welded to a CHERRY BOMB exhaust, cost about £15.oo and was a present from our lass.

Yea im gonna do that with my sterio maybee, but then again im supposed to be getting any brand new one i want from local car performance shop for half price from a good bud of mine :)

Well today I wanted to wire my fogs but I need more wire to do a proper job so instead I re-wired my split charge relay to charge a spare battery in the boot as well as light up a Merry Christmas sign our lasses Mum gave me last Christmas, also finished the centre console just annoyed that the 3rd time around doing the control box and two LED's have failedgrr.

Anyway here's some more pics of the messy beast.

The fourth pic was from Thursday last week (4th December) even though the snow was 2" deep, a 7 mile drive took me 3 hours Damn hills, I was slipping and Sliding everywhere great fun :laugh:.

Attachments

• Image035.jpg
    Image035.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 386
  • Image037.jpg
    Image037.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 405
  • Image036.jpg
    Image036.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 424
  • Image029.jpg
    Image029.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 363
Trev, which bit? the whole LED stuff or the dodgey Merry Christmas in-between the head rests, lol.

Good news though, Got a bag full of samples from work, which include:

Alloy LED's which mount behind the brakes,
Couple of packs of Multi Position LED's
Red and White pack of LED strips, I'm only going to use red and wrap it around the inside of the Max Power Air Filter to light up the Red filter itself.
A wind powered Chrome Fan LED unit (Not sure what to do with this I just like blowing it (that sounded wrong, lol)
Chrome LED indicators, which I won't be using expect to se these in Buy & Sell after Christmas. As well as some other items. I'll get some pics up shortly.

Yeah LED's, colour coded interior.
Don't get me wrong mate, i'm sure your doing an excellent job, just not what i like, i just prefer subtle mods, but thats just me. Nice to be different though.

Yes it is just you lol, what's the point in modding if noone knows it's been done, modifying road cars is always tacky and that's why everyone loves it

Wrong, i don't. LOL
What i do admire though is the amount of money and time people put into their cars, no matter what sort of car it is. I prefer subtle mods to the bodywork and interior with more engine/suspension work.

There'l always be someone that doesn't like your car for some reason.

I actually do like it, just not something I'd do to my own car :)

Wrong, i don't. LOL
What i do admire though is the amount of money and time people put into their cars, no matter what sort of car it is. I prefer subtle mods to the bodywork and interior with more engine/suspension work.

i agree (iam not a fan of LED'S etc, i see them as pointless and max power lol)...as said everyone has there own tatse, alot of people dont like my car but i do so....

somthing you do there gonna be someone who doesnt like it.

and iam not taking sides.

Thanks for all your comments Guys, I've always had a thing for lights and switches, why I do not know, but I'm going to carry on, lol. I have recently decided to convert the boot and back seat area into a scalectrix, maybe lol, something different. Well I've got two days at work without our lass so some more LED's will be hitting the Micra, lol.

I agree with a few others, I have took some ideas from your car mate and after installing LEDs into my car, I have always received credit for them and I always mention where I got the idea from. Keep up the good work mate, your car is a credit to MSC :)

Cheers Dude, much appreciated S'Boy. I haven't fininshed yet, because pay is poo the next small mod will be some mud flaps I guess, my MOT was due yesterday and I waiting for my tyres to be delivered so I can have them fitted before the MOT is booked. This will also be the first MOT with my MSC style side repeaters and Cherry Bomb exhaust, fingers crossed that it passes, last year I had two minors with front tyres borderline and some play on the offside front wheel.

"Cheers Dude, much appreciated S'Boy. I haven't fininshed yet, because pay is poo the next small mod will be some mud flaps I guess, my MOT was due yesterday and I waiting for my tyres to be delivered so I can have them fitted before the MOT is booked. This will also be the first MOT with my MSC style side repeaters and Cherry Bomb exhaust, fingers crossed that it passes, last year I had two minors with front tyres borderline and some play on the offside front wheel."

No worries mate, yeah same here with money mate. You going to colour code mud flaps or leave them black?

Am sure your car will pass with flying colours, fingers crossed anyway :p

i used to put all these lights inside and do things like spraying the dash but i grew out of it once i realised i prefer the speed side of things :D i was always getting bother ages ago when i had these things inside and a slow car, but now nobody says nothing and there isnt one person that has said they dont like my car (well not to my face anyway) ;)

No worries mate, yeah same here with money mate. You going to colour code mud flaps or leave them black?

Am sure your car will pass with flying colours, fingers crossed anyway :p

Well I was going to buy some non-micra white flaps, they cost around £15.oo I was going to get a pair get some chrome lettering to spell out Micra on each side, and just below the MICRA wording I was going to have a 9" Blue Cold Cathode strip to light it up, but we'll have to see I think I'll get flaps first, and see how the spending goes, lol.

I don't mind the speed bit, though I have a bonnet sccop to fit which will feed my induction kit directly, almost like an Air RAM effect. I also have a cherry bomb exhaust so it all sounds great which I'm happy with.

Nah not yet, need to buy some paint, just waiting for funds as I have to fork out for MOT this month.

Just found out my Radiator is leaking, on my way to work the other week my engine temperature was running very very hot (as in mm away from red) anyway I found out my radiator fluid was empty which was weird because I only topped it up before Ferrybridge. So I topped it up again lots and lots including Antifreeze, after a week empty and there's a stain on the drive where I thinks it's been leaking. Anyway Just found a K11 Front Bumper Removal Thread done by Swiper, woo hoo. So I'll be removing the bumper to get proper access to the Radiator for a closer look. Still haven't done MOT yet so I need to get this done.

Just found out my Radiator is leaking, on my way to work the other week my engine temperature was running very very hot (as in mm away from red) anyway I found out my radiator fluid was empty which was weird because I only topped it up before Ferrybridge. So I topped it up again lots and lots including Antifreeze, after a week empty and there's a stain on the drive where I thinks it's been leaking. Anyway Just found a K11 Front Bumper Removal Thread done by Swiper, woo hoo. So I'll be removing the bumper to get proper access to the Radiator for a closer look. Still haven't done MOT yet so I need to get this done.

you dont need to take the bumper off do you ?, on a pre/facelift it,s just the slam panel bolts and the top or bottom upright support bolts, then lift the rad out :)

Nice idea for the twin exhaust but would fit a Decat pipe between MOTs
It,s amazing what pipe and bends you can scrounge or perloin from the dumpster at exhaust centres
Havind said that my poor old K10 has the same Nissan exhaust it had on when I bought it over 8 years ago and is still OK so if it ain't broke don't fix it

I do plan on modifiying the front bumper but also I would rather see the radiators face on to get a proper look. Jim_Bling does yours still leak?

Well today I started to remove the headlamps to get the bumper off, found out that there is 2 more screws left to do which are either side of the bumper in the corner, to get to these I have to take the wheels off. Some Pics so far anyway.

3242299004_f4d063ba15.jpg

3242298668_e609a2d7be.jpg

3241464633_455d4e33dc.jpg

you dont have to take the wheels off ;)..the arch liner just pulls out the bumper (there might be 10mm ither side under the bumper for the arch liner) and you can get a 1/4 inch ratchet in there :)

Hmmmm, Might try that, I don't have a 1/4" ratchet but I do have a screw driver with an extension and a whole range on sockets. I think the large amount of screws I've un-done on the bumper have been 10mm. If it doesn't snow today I'll have a go, Cheers S'Pants.

Hmmmm, Might try that, I don't have a 1/4" ratchet but I do have a screw driver with an extension and a whole range on sockets. I think the large amount of screws I've un-done on the bumper have been 10mm. If it doesn't snow today I'll have a go, Cheers S'Pants.

they should be a 10mm speedbolt, with a philips head as well, i use a screwdriver on mine :)

Cheers Frank, but depending on how rotten the philips head is I'll keep to the socket, as a couple of screws keeping the lamps in were a bit rusted.

Headlamp Mod Sneak Preview

Well I've been working on this for about a week and just waiting for some samples to come in to finish the job. Here's a quick pic of how it stands so far.

So Far:

Amber Indicator Lens Removed - standard 382 bulb will be changed for a Silver Amber Bulb.

1 x Blue Flood LED in the indicator hole at the bottom.

1 x 30cm Blue LED strip along the base of the chrome bottom.

1 x 5cm Blue LED strip along the top pointing down.

1 x 5cm Blue LED strip behind the chrome front (Not visible but the reflection of the LED's can be seen on the reflector)

NOTE: All these mods will come on via a switch for off road purposes, lol.

Awaiting: Audi Style Flexi Strip.

Attachments

• Step 5 a.jpg
    Step 5 a.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 443
I do have another pic of it in the dark, but I'm going to wait until I've got me Audi Style LED strip to finish it off.

Here We Go Lads and Lasses

Finally finished the left hand lamp, what do you think?

Step 1 Remove the Lens.
3313771533_0cdb7363b9.jpg

Step 2 Remove the Amber Nectar.
3313771869_ee65b1ea06.jpg

Step 3 Changing from the standard 382 bulb to a silver amber bulb (Legal Reasons)
3314596940_087fb7c3f0.jpg

Step 4 Fitted LED's and Painted the bulb Shroud Blue.
3313772589_14c2951b02.jpg

To paint the shroud can be done without taking the headlamp off, there is 2 star screws keeping the shroud on. I used a paint pen.

Step 5 Fitted New Line from Ring Audi Style Flexi Lamp
3313773073_fd5a413fa2.jpg

Finished Products ON!
3313772739_43c67c900c.jpg

3313773275_15c86f1c98.jpg

Other update, finally removed my front bumper, a) to fix radiator at work, b) relocate the radiator by bringing it forward possibly.

Cheers folks, before I can do the other one, I need to get a new lens as there's a mahoosive stone chiphole in it.

Just a quick update, painted the nostrals white and cut out the 4 plastic bars in each nostral.

3344289235_8a42d2b983.jpg

3345125804_f4dc6d605b.jpg

Also got 1 of a pair of Scania Truck lamps Main Beam with Fog with a Blue Lens which I intend to mount in the bumper corners.

3344301599_984ac3f1e3.jpg

So far the contours look perfect for my bumper all I have to do is cut two holes and fabricate some mounts.

the lights look good pal done a nice job there

those grills look good aswell

keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back