big button?

hi just picked up my k10 today and just noticed a big black button under the steering wheel to the right its a big pull button with a orange light near it? thanks for any advice

That sounds like your fog light switch to me, I know the ST's had a front fog light switch there, is it a pre or post facelift K10?

on my facelift super s i had one for the rear fog lights there. you can barely make it out but it was there! under the heating vent yeah?!
Micra27.jpg

Hmmm maybe a rocket launcher pops out of the grill?
Try and get an actual picture mate. Never seen a symbol like that before.

how old is the k10? its the manual choke cable, but i thought only very early k10's had them, perhaps it has an aftermarket weber carb or similar fitted?

yes should be a manuel choke.
never seen it befor.
If you look under the dash you should see like the one from the clutch

2 reasons :D
1st: it works, but you don't realize it
2nd: they changed the carb to the one with autochoke and have left the button

it doesnt look very "nissany" looks more like someones fitted it after specially that light. maybe its had different carbs at somepoint then been returned to standard?, as far as i know all uk spec micras had an autochoke my mums 85 did anyway :s

the rear fog switch is on the right side of the wheel looking at the symbol i thought it was something to do with the brakes as it looks like a wheel cylinder pushing shoes against the drum but i cant see it being for that as its a ancient car lol so it baffled me ive never seen out like it before as choke symbols are usually like the one in k10 shed's post

i cant see your pics as photobucket is blocked at work, but you say a light comes on when you press it, which light comes on?

if it is manual choke then yes you can get universal ones, i bought one from ebay for when i had the bike carbs on my k10, put it in the exact place yours is (i think, next to your left knee?) as that where it goes from the factory.

yeah doesn't seem to do anything lol the orange light comes on when the engine is warm so i guess its a electronic choke or something but it really doesn't make any difference at all so if it is i guess its broke but the car starts ok without it and its winter now.

Hmm if you pull it do the revs build up? Id personally not beable to live with it! Is have to pull it out and trace it back

no the revs dont change at all mate. im the same its bugging me lol just to cold here to even bother going out to trace the wire's back lol. i will have a good route under the dash tomorrow

Back