Key fob problems

Hi,
Bought a 54 plate Dci recently , but have been having problems with the key fob (2 came with the car, and only 1 has ever worked). I have tried the search function, but haven’t done too well with it.
It started out fine, the car would unlock at the touch of the fob, or by pressing the door handle button on either side.
Then a few glitches;
1) The drivers side door button stopped working..no big deal.
2) The red key light would start flashing whenever I picked up a passenger and they got in and shut the door. Lots of key waving and button pressing would get rid of the red flash.
3) The key fob is now getting less and less reliable. Today it took 20minutes to get the car unlocked, and even then I had a flashing red key.

I am hoping that this is just a case of a dead battery. Nissan told me that I needed to book the car in, which seems excessive to me. Can somebody please advise on.

4) Is it possible to open the fob and replace the battery myself? Or at least an independent key place? Or do I have to go to Nissan?
5) From a bit of reading, am I correct in assuming that the other dead key may need re-programming?
6) How on earth do I get the cover off the passenger door handle to manually open the door? I have tried pulling it various directions, but any harder and I fear something will snap.

4) Yes you can - with flat blade screw driver, that should be stuck in the lower right corner of the fob, when you remove the end cover - close to the place where the metal key blade is attached. The battery is flat Li-Ion CR2032 as far as I recall.
5) If the battery is not dead - yes it needs reprogramming, that can be done only by Nissan dealer or very advanced key locksmith :)
6) With the help of the metal key blade. You have to look under the plastic cap, there you should see an opening that is big enough to stick the metal key blade and praise the plastic cap out. Then you will be able to open the door with the key.

OP
OP
S
Thanks for your help :)
With your assistance, I managed to replace the key fob battery, which now flashes when you press the button :) I decided to get in via the passenger door (Which set the alarm off) just out of curiosity. THe handbook (in the car) tells you how to replace the keyfob battery btw.
Now everything is working as it should apart from the drivers side door button which I will investigate later.

Thanks