BHP I need more lol.

meji

Club Member (Trial)
Hey guys. Well after doing a bit of research (the internet is not helpful) Wikipedia seems to think the CG10DE which (correct me if I'm wrong) is in my 1995 K11 1.0 has 54bhp? If this is wrong just tell me.

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of things increase bhp and could give my car a nice extra increase.
(Not turbo or anything lol)

And does an induction kit increase the cars performance that much, what kind of increases have you guys had since installing an induction kit?

Thanks!
Jack.

dyno proven 1bhp gain (hoodedreaper) with an uprated filter...but personally i would fit an uprated panel in the standard airbox.

4-branch manifold and a cat back exhaust system should free up some power.

1.3 cams wouldnt go a miss they give a nice gain aswell.

:)

janspeed manifold £200 (new) 5 - 6 bhp, cat back hardly any bhp £100 maybe, induction kit 1 bhp as dan said £50

so £350 for 8-9 bhp increase

cg13 engine £50-100 75bhp engine giving 21bhp increase, best bang for buck imo, no brainer in my eyes everything swaps over almost.

Well guys what I'm mainly interested in is being able to out accelerate and outrun a Mk2 1.2 Punto, my "mate" just found out I have a Micra and told me he was offended because I said it was quite nippy (WHICH IT IS!!) anyway I am so fricken angry at him he thinks my Micra is #### but I love it plus Puntos are fricken ugly.

cg13 (1.3) engine transplant then, couple of hour job if you have all the parts. £100 max for a 38% increase in power

Alright I'll definitely look into this, but won't that cause my insurance to shoot up loads? I'm only 17 by the way.

I haven't passed my test yet so I'm on insured with my provisional, that's £448.

But we priced it up for when I've passed it should be about £1100ish, but then I plan on doing that Pass Plus thingy too :D.

yea it will go up but ask for a quote on modified inlet system, exhaust modifications inc manifold and id bet that it is more expensive than the engine change. just declare it on the log book as a 1.3 and then insure it as a 1.3 and not as a 1 liter with a 1.3 engine, will be cheaper that way too

or if your feeling a little naughty you can do as a member has already done on here and fit the cg13 crank and pistons in the cg10 block giving a 1.3 engine with a 1 litre number, then you dont have to tell anyone.

I actuelly get a cheaper insurance quote for a 1.3 micra than for my 1.0

Any idea on how much a garage would charge to swap over an engine?

or if your feeling a little naughty you can do as a member has already done on here and fit the cg13 crank and pistons in the cg10 block giving a 1.3 engine with a 1 litre number, then you dont have to tell anyone.

but it costs more as you have to replace all the seals..hence why swipers went tits up lol. and ended up fitting a cg13 engine .

Quickest and easiest and cheapest is strip it out can't believe dan of all people has missed this simple maths less weight= more power to weight.

I wouldnt worry about the punto, he will be pleasantly surprised by the little micra, power to weight, the micra probably has more.

Alex

PS. Strip it out, i managed to loose 40kg quite recently (Y), but i have a rollcage which adds more.

That does sound the best option for now like. I'm gonna clear the back so I have a huge boot then if I ever went anywhere I could just sleep in the back haha.

1.3 engine is the most obvious gain in bhp, then the full janspeed. total cost all bought and fitted would be around £250 for engine and fitted and £500 for new janspeed system

Back