money and BHP

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
hi, i own a 1.0L micra

what i realy want to know is this:
"is it worth spending so much money on performance parts for about an increase of 20bhp???"

im hopefully getting the "1.3 cams" put in it

cams around £50 give about 5-10bhp. fitting between £80-£100
janspeed manifold £180 fitting (dont know, guess) £70
OMP exhaust £180 fitting (not sure again ) fitting £70

total = £650 gain 20bhp :-( (will probably be way out on price lol)

P.S in "ur currecny so u can get an idea" is about "$1100" :-(

thanks for any help on this

napster

CMF_spagatoni

» CMF Member
I've just done the 1.0 - 1.3 engine transplant, and i'd have to say - along with most people here, that it has to be the best way of increasing bhp for the money. It cost me £300 for the engine and £250 for fitting.

I added a light flywheel (£200) and a janspeed manifold (£200) at the same time, and already had a catback system (£250). Still got the 1.0 gearbox.

Did a rough 0-60 with my phone as a stopwatch and got around 9.7 seconds. So, with alot of what the guys on this site have said to me re. my upgrades, i'd hazard a guess that i'm now pushing the 100bhp mark.

Start with the new engine - its well worth it!

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
i had thought about the new engine transplant, but insurance is "ok" at the moment lol on the 1.0L.

also i wouldnt know where to go to get the engine transplant fitted. ive been to a few scrap yards, but no 1.3 engines :-(

i would rather just but the a 1.3 (if available) in a year when insurance is lower lol.

i just wondered if it was worth doin those mods on the 1.0L, but possibly a waste of time?

thanks anyway pard

napster

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
depending on the cost of them probably more efficient money wise to sell the 1.0L and buy a 1.3L.

and if you are having trouble affording insurance as it is - i would recommend AGAINST performance modifications...

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
well it isnt a problem with insurance to upgrade to a 1.3!

ive got the money and would have loads left, i just.......
well not sure y i havent bought a 1.3 yet!!

i suppose it was just i was going to save money for uni (tafe??)
umm, thinking about it the increase in insurance really isnt that much, petrol on the little beasts r good.

il look into a 1.3 sooner or later.

cheers 4the advice guys

CMF_antish_r

» CMF Member
i know in uk its not easy nap

but if it was too easy it wouldnt be fun right ?

yeah i know it shouldnt be so hard either so

try to know more about this insurance stuff there should be something in for you

CMF_spagatoni

» CMF Member
I had quite a scare with insurance. Told my current(at the time) ins co. and they just cancelled me!

I went to loads of co.'s and even a jap, modded car ins co. wouldn't insure me. Eventually, a little panic and some time later i got insured. Thought it would be loads but:

Esure were charging me £323 for the 1.0 with no mods + 6yrs no claims. New company - £400 with all the mods above plus wheels and susp!

If you're going to uni though, save your money mate.

CMF_antish_r

» CMF Member
are you plannin to go to tafe man ??

oh sorry then it might be wise to save up you money instead of bodykits or engine

just let time play its role

am in tafe too but am trying not to spend money as well

but nap if you want something none can change your mind bro

but think twice b4

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
"antish_r" u are a good man.
sorry 2say that but u r!

i wouldnt mind going to uni!!
it al depends wot results i get in 6months :-(

ill still have a body kit though lol

it sounds as if i made it seem like i havent got the money, but however i have. i dont spend money like most of my mates lol where they go to town every week and spend all there wages. i really dont buy anytin and its just saved and saved :)
i dont buy anytin 4my self, so thought i would "repay my k11" for being such a great car to drive with some "exterior parts (bodykit)" lol

probably sounds silly, but nevermind :)

thanks pard

napster

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
napster you seem pretty sensible.

infact i think you're too sensible.

WTF are your mates going into town, blowing their money on girls and drinks WITHOUT YOU?

Get in there and have a bawl. Spoil yourself. You may not have another chance to do it!

*walks off grumbling*

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
haahaa very good come back "sss"

indeed i do go out with my mates to the pub etc, but i dont spend money like they do. in general i mean like "latest gizmos" they r always buying and they never use it again lol.

i do spend money that isnt an issue, but its the amount i spend is not alot regarding the money i get from work. therefore i dont spend it quick enough lol.

also i need extra money as a back up for stuff:

problems with car
holidays
etc.

will take ur advice though and go on a spending spree lol

cheers guys

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Haha. Don't spend ALL of it.

Set yourself a budget.

Put away enough money every week to cover expenses with the car.
Put away a little bit to contribute towards a holiday for yourself.
Put away what you need for bills.

Then you can spend the rest. If you dont have enough left over to spend, get a higher paying job or another casual/part time job!!

My casual job just paid for a Samsung 740N monitor for the computer (17" TFT). :)

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
haahaa ok "sss" lol :)

sweet "TFT Monitor"!
however i could also buy that lol, but i dont want to lol
:)

putting money away isnt a problem lol.
i wont spend alot cause of CHRISTMAS PRESENTS lol.

napster

Back