What else can i do to get more bhp??

B

benmicrasr

Have just bin and ordered my janspeed manifold and some performance ignition leads, will be about 10 days!I have got a full through exhaust,de-cated with an induction kit and was just wondering what else could i do to get more bhp?Cheers Ben

Its already a 1.3 so dont require the engine!How much more bhp would the cams give me?I brought the exhaust system with de cat pipe off raceworx!Keep the suggestions coming, thank you fellows for the comments

I would fit and supply and map the E-manage blue for £400-450 depending on options. You would never have any problem with any other mods after this point as _ANYTHING_ can be accomodated for (turbos or whatever). You will never release all the power from the car untill it has been re-mapped to take advantage of the changes. It is IMO the most worthwhile thing you can do.

Ed

Oh also Fuel pressure regulator is totally not needed once you have a piggyback, all they do is really add an uncertainty.

you could fit the 1.0l pistons as i believe they have a higher compression or u could get the head skimmed, pluss all of the above which i was also goin to say.

:D

Where abouts are you from ed?Very interested in the re map,would you reccommend performance cams aswell?Saw some on ebay that i believe James got for £108 and then Dr Zoliberg is selling some for £320,how come the BIG difference in price?

James got a very good price, However it will still double in cost once shims have been made for him. I am based around J6 on the M25. Cams will make a difference, but few will be a direct replacment.

Ed

So would you recommend cams or not?What would you recommend out of cams or re-map?

iirc the cams can be fitted without a remap but you'll see the true benefits with a remap on top.

my cams are brand new from japan never used thats what i paid for them, so after what i paid back really

I would always say Ecu first. As anything after that point can be used to its greatest caperbility.

Thanks alot ed for your responses, if i did get you to remap it for me would i need to come to you and how much roughly would it give me more bhp?

I charge £100 to fit and setup the blue e-manage. To map I charge £25/hr. Depending on mods, this will usually take around 1-2 hours. I can also supply the e-manage for £300 inc looms, sure you can buy from the US for less, but try going back to them if something goes wrong.. :)

As for BHP gained that really depends on what you have had done and how far you wish me to take your engine. For example I could map it for as much as possible, but then you could only ever run it on optimax... I would say anything around 8-10% I'd be guessing to say any more than that I'm afraid, and am reluctant to give any solid figures as it depends on so much.

Ed

Surely having the cams, exhaust, induction, etc done to the car before remapping will give an overall higher end result than getting it remapped then adding everything to it?

yes, but i think ed is saying with the e manage already on the car the map can be altered to make full use of anything else you add.

It would need remapping after any large change, which is why it should be the FIRST thing done, then it can be altered to suit ANYTHING that follows.

Hopefully my plan is get a week off work and have the whole lot added there and then - should notice the difference then! :D

Hey ed can you do Dastek ECU's as well?

benmicrasr said:
Have just bin and ordered my janspeed manifold and some performance ignition leads, will be about 10 days!I have got a full through exhaust,de-cated with an induction kit and was just wondering what else could i do to get more bhp?Cheers Ben

Depends how much you got and how much you want to spend on your caro_O

Back