best way to quicken a 99 1.0

Ok guys here we go, can a super s ( bigger bore ) back box fit onto a standard micra,

And any other tips apart from freeing up the air intake, make it quicker, certain plugs leads, timing setup etc?

any item, not specificaly designed for the micra will require custom work, so your back box will fit, but im sure will require welding!!

the exhaust system is restrictive, so either a de-cat and good exhaust system....or a performance manifold!!!

depends on budget i guess and what power gains your after!

naps

when i got a middle and rear (exhaust) for mine, i asked for a 1.3 one and it was a bigger bore than the one i took off ?? but fit the same
maybe a different make, or different part numbers ? i dunno !

I expect it will fit, but not entirely sure why you would want to, as will make little, if any, difference. As has been said, just about the easiest way to untap extra BHP is to start with the exhaust including manifold (or buy a 1.3, which is the easiest way to go quicker by far!). Then you may wish to consider air filter, cams, remap, weight reduction, turbo, engine conversions etc...

Best performance for £ increase is to fit the 1.3 engine.

No point in doing all these other mods to a smaller engine, which will be more expensive, and probably not as much of a power gain.

the problem is, a 19 year old male has problems insuring a car with an added spoiler, ally wheels etc, let alone a bigger engine
these 1.0,s can go well (mine,s certainly not slow) with 1.3 cams and exhaust and inlet mods

The cheapest way to increase acceleration, max speed etc is to remove as much weight as possible. Replace parts with lightweight versions, remove as much extra crap as possible.
Removing the seats is free.

the problem is, a 19 year old male has problems insuring a car with an added spoiler, ally wheels etc, let alone a bigger engine
these 1.0,s can go well (mine,s certainly not slow) with 1.3 cams and exhaust and inlet mods

It's not that bad, I insured mine as a 1.3 from 1 litre, along with alloys, bodykit, lowered, exhaust. for 675 at the age of 20 or 21.

Now a 1.6 to 1.6 Turbo'd Orion....now that's time to rip a new....orifice!!

best thing to do is get all the parts i.e manifold etc and put them on the 1.0 (so then you will have a fast insurable 1.0 for now)...then when your insurance goes down put in a 1.3 and take all the bits off the 1.0 then you will have a fast 1.3. and all round quick car.

best thing to do is get all the parts i.e manifold etc and put them on the 1.0 (so then you will have a fast insurable 1.0 for now)...then when your insurance goes down put in a 1.3 and take all the bits off the 1.0 then you will have a fast 1.3. and all round quick car.

That sounds like the best option. You could even put the 1.3 cams in to the 1.0 litre. It's a very good modification. You SHOULD ;);)tell your insurance company if you do this. As it is an engine modification.

cams

That sounds like the best option. You could even put the 1.3 cams in to the 1.0 litre. It's a very good modification. You SHOULD ;);)tell your insurance company if you do this. As it is an engine modification.

how much would this cost? would u be able to bang a 1.3 into a 1.0?

i have a exhaust, including de-cat pipe (swapplable for mot) .... nearly brand new !

intrested ?

its 2-2.25" bore with a jap style box with 3-4" tailpipe striaght cut.

Back