A few NA mods?! and where to get a trigger wheel and how to mount a sensor!

looking at fitting a 36-1 Trigger wheel onto the bottom pulley how do you mount it? and has anyone done it before?

how have you mounted your sensors? and are there any worth while upgrades whilst the engine is out the car waiting to find a decent shell?

so far i have given it a service with some Bosch super 4 spark plugs and a K&N Oil Filter i have fitted a stage 2 clutch, yellow pressure plate,

i am looking at lightening the standard flywheel but are there any flywheels that will fit that are already lighter to save some money?

are there any upgrades that are fitted to other cars

i am not looking at changing pistons, anything to do with air filters or injectors or throttle bodies

Sorry cant help with the trigger wheel or sensors but I've done my best to answer your other questions :)

i am looking at lightening the standard flywheel but are there any flywheels that will fit that are already lighter to save some money?

it'll be cheaper to get you stock flywheel lightened, Jun do a flywheel for around £400 but you'll have to get that from Japan or buy the one on eBay for something like £325

Yes there's plenty just have a look at what everyone else has done

i am not looking at changing pistons, anything to do with air filters or injectors or throttle bodies

This doesn't make sense why ask what N/A mods you can do if you don't want to do them? Induction, exhaust and fueling are the basics

i am not after taking the engine to pieces i dont mind changing cams, air filter doesnt need changing nor does the throttle body as i have sorted those,

Ed from fusion motorsport does the trigger wheel and sensor, not sure how easy it can be setup with the stock ecu though. I had it fitted onto the side of the crank pulley simply by drilling and tapping it. The bracket i had made up was pretty compact too but when fitted managed to rub the chassis and i gave up on the standalone management route as id wasted too much money

Did mine like this. I don't use the outer pully so machined it off and bolted on the trigger wheel

IMAG0563-2.jpg

how did you go about lining it all up and drilling the holes into the pulley? will look at your build thread over on 16v as i think i might have missed something, also looking at your frame from this side i notice you have managed to get away with just putting a bar from tower to front!

Calculated the pitch drilled the holes, linned it up to the pully to with in 0.05mm clamped it and then spotted the holes.

The frame goes from towers to front and then under the engine/box back to the rear of the subframe.

I think he's doing a cg conversion on a mini
the pics are from a rover mini eh karl, but the mild N/A mods comment still applies.
my ecu is locked into closed loop for 90% for of my daily commute (optimised fuel consumption/emissions) and only goes into fuel enrichment @ boost or hard accelleration, i fail to see where any gains can be had with a standalone (unless you want to run a leanburn setup, or quads)

the pics are from a rover mini eh karl, but the mild N/A mods comment still applies.
my ecu is locked into closed loop for 90% for of my daily commute (optimised fuel consumption/emissions) and only goes into fuel enrichment @ boost or hard accelleration, i fail to see where any gains can be had with a standalone (unless you want to run a leanburn setup, or quads)

I believe quads maybe on the cards Frank (http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/bike-carbs-but-staying-fuel-injected.50437/#post-512219)

looking at fitting a 36-1 Trigger wheel onto the bottom pulley how do you mount it? and has anyone done it before?

how have you mounted your sensors? and are there any worth while upgrades whilst the engine is out the car waiting to find a decent shell?

so far i have given it a service with some Bosch super 4 spark plugs and a K&N Oil Filter i have fitted a stage 2 clutch, yellow pressure plate,

Lighten the standard flywheel to 3.25 kg blister its worth it :) 1.3 cams maybe?

Back