Beast of a micra

it was finished, but i am not sure who owned it, they were part of some forum i have been on but erm... thats all i know

that is a full on works nissan prepped kit car micra with hewland 6 speed sequential box and i believe from the photos, a ford duratech 2.0 engine, which is rather strange, thats not a nissan engine looking at the profile of that cam cover..

he made a blog on here, i remember it. may have been wiped with the forum hack.

on that link i posted there are pictures of two cars, the pics at the top were on here cos i remember that, but the ones further down are from a different guy.

that is a full on works nissan prepped kit car micra with hewland 6 speed sequential box and i believe from the photos, a ford duratech 2.0 engine, which is rather strange, thats not a nissan engine looking at the profile of that cam cover..

are you sure its a works car? because like you said, that is no nissan engine in there...

AH HA! found the buggger!

its driven by Chris evans! lol not the dodgy guy from TV tho,

he drove it for rallycross in 1993

it took 16 months to build and has a 2.0 engine of some kind in it....

and from what i can see it looks like a Max Power induction kit too......might be wrong tho....

image.php

That's because the blog on here and the one on Migweb are not the same car as the one in question. The photos posted of Chris Evans' rallycross car on Migweb were posted up as a joke.

aah thats right it is chris evans rally cross car and it is a 2.0 duratech engine (same as the ST170, mondeo 2.0 and fiesta ST) but with over 300bhp...

in the top picture you can see the yellow wing top..

here is the interesting thing tho. this was rallied in 1993, that was when these things came out so that car must have been a brand new one. i wonder where it is now....

it was rallied in 1993... but did nt turn into a full blown rallycross car until 2006 maybe?? he blitzed the modified cars. he then built an astra for the super modifieds...600 bhp 4wd etc

it was rallied in 1993... but did nt turn into a full blown rallycross car until 2006 maybe?? he blitzed the modified cars. he then built an astra for the super modifieds...600 bhp 4wd etc

ah so it could still be up and running somewhere?

The Yellow Micra is the one that belonged to Chris Evans.

It ran a full 1999 Primera BTCC Super Touring drivetrain, 300+ BHP and 6 speed sequential gearbox.

I used to watch it at Knockhill back in 2003/2004 and it was the inspiration for 'Little Bandit'.

2003 - With the Nissan Micra ready in time for the start of the British season at Croft, Christopher scored a remarkable second place in class in its debut event. From there, he went on to clean up all before him in the Modified category, taking home six class wins, three second places and one third place in the ten round Championship. Complete domination. Christopher came very close to winning an event overall in the Superfinal (where the Modified and Supercar category cars are placed together), at Blyton where he finished in second place, in addition to the two other podium positions he had earlier in the season. His untouchable form meant that he also became the British Rallycross Drivers Association (BRDA) Champion. As if this was not enough, Christopher finished third overall in the Irish Rallycross Championship and was the top two wheel drive car. What a season!

2002 - Christopher announced plans at the start of the season that he would move up to a 2 litre Nissan Micra for the 2003 season, which would be built by Tony Bardy. The car would not be ready until the following year so the team decided to rent the Paul Waldron built Vauxhall Tigra.

Back